Kennelly was a moderate Democratic leader according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Kennelly’s time serving in the House of Representatives. Kennelly’s bills had a total of 996 cosponsors in the 105th Congress.
Use this chart to compare Kennelly to other members of the House of Representatives in the 105th Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Some of Kennelly’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4030 (105th): Affordable and Quality Child Care Act of 1998
- H.R. 3965 (105th): To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to repeal the provision ...
- H.R. 3895 (105th): 21st Century Firearm Technology and Safety Act of 1998
- H.R. 3763 (105th): To provide for the liquidation or reliquidation of certain customs entries of ...
- H.R. 3292 (105th): Investment in Children Act of 1998
- H.R. 3170 (105th): To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to prevent the conversion ...
- H.R. 2851 (105th): To prohibit application of a payment limit to a drug or biological ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Feb 1982 to Dec 1998, Kennelly missed 309 of 8,674 roll call votes, which is 3.6%. This is worse than the median of 2.6% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 1998. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills