Our unique analysis of the bills Lee has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Lee is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Lee for more statistics.
Barbara Lee sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Appropriations
- Member, Subcommittee on Labor, Health and Human Services, Education, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Military Construction, Veterans Affairs, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on State, Foreign Operations, and Related Programs
- House Committee on the Budget
Lee sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
International Affairs (31%) Health (18%) Government Operations and Politics (13%) Social Welfare (12%) Civil Rights and Liberties, Minority Issues (9%) Crime and Law Enforcement (8%) Taxation (6%) Families (3%)
Some of Lee’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Con.Res. 177: Supporting the goals and ideals of World AIDS Day.
- H.R. 6095: Computer Science for All Act of 2016
- H.Con.Res. 134: Expressing the sense of the Congress regarding the need for increased diversity and ...
- H.Res. 760: Recognizing the significance of National Caribbean American Heritage Month.
- H.Res. 695: Recognizing the 50th anniversary of the Vietnam War.
- H.R. 3712: Improving Access to Mental Health Act
- H.Con.Res. 77: Recognizing the 70th anniversary of the establishment of the United Nations.
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Lee’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 5471: Countering Terrorist Radicalization Act
Jun 16, 2016. Passed.
H.Res. 495: Providing for consideration of the Senate amendment to the bill (H.R. 1314) to amend the Internal Revenue Code ...
Oct 28, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 6: 21st Century Cures Act
Jul 10, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed.
H.J.Res. 35: Making further continuing appropriations for fiscal year 2015, and for other purposes.
Feb 27, 2015. Failed.
From Apr 1998 to Dec 2016, Lee missed 461 of 12,736 roll call votes, which is 3.6%. This is worse than the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 264 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: