Read our 2018 Report Card for Lee.
Lee is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Lee has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to May 20, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Barbara Lee sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Appropriations
- Vice Chair, Subcommittee on State, Foreign Operations, and Related Programs
- Member, Subcommittee on Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Labor, Health and Human Services, Education, and Related Agencies
- House Committee on the Budget
Lee was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
- H.R. 1409 (109th): Assistance for Orphans and Other Vulnerable Children in Developing Countries Act of 2005
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Lee sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
International Affairs (26%) Health (21%) Government Operations and Politics (10%) Social Welfare (10%) Crime and Law Enforcement (9%) Civil Rights and Liberties, Minority Issues (8%) Taxation (8%) Education (6%)
Some of Lee’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 388: Supporting the goals and ideals of the International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia, and ...
- H.R. 2809: To amend the Food and Nutrition Act of 2008 to repeal the particular ...
- H.R. 2720: To provide for the overall health and well-being of young people, including the ...
- H.R. 2456: To repeal the Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iraq Resolution of ...
- H.Res. 308: Supporting the goals and ideals of National Youth HIV & AIDS Awareness Day.
- H.R. 1923: Women’s History and Nineteenth Amendment Centennial Quarter Dollar Coin Program Act
- H.R. 1880: Women and Climate Change Act of 2019
From Apr 1998 to May 2019, Lee missed 505 of 14,190 roll call votes, which is 3.6%. This is worse than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: