Our unique analysis of the bills Hill sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2010. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Hill is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Hill was the primary sponsor of 3 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 3106 (110th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 805 Main Street in Ferdinand, Indiana, as the “Staff Sergeant David L. Nord Post Office”.
- H.R. 3379 (108th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 3210 East 10th Street in Bloomington, Indiana, as the “Francis X. McCloskey Post Office Building”.
- H.R. 1583 (107th): To designate the Federal building and United States courthouse located at 121 West Spring Street in New Albany, Indiana, as the “Lee H. Hamilton Federal Building and ...
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Hill sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (22%) Taxation (20%) Armed Forces and National Security (12%) Transportation and Public Works (10%) Commerce (10%) Health (8%) Economics and Public Finance (8%) Emergency Management (8%)
Some of Hill’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5825 (111th): Multi-State Disaster Relief Act
- H.R. 4998 (111th): To establish and to expand partnerships that promote innovation and increase the ...
- H.R. 4141 (111th): Disaster Assistance Reform Act of 2009
- H.R. 3138 (111th): Physician Payments Sunshine Act of 2009
- H.R. 2945 (111th): To amend title XVIII of the Social Security Act to permit a ...
- H.R. 2389 (111th): Health Care for Members of the Armed Forces Exposed to Chemical Hazards ...
- H.R. 2115 (111th): Men and Families Health Care Act of 2009
|Hill’s Vote||Vote Description|
S. 3729 (111th): National Aeronautics and Space Administration Authorization Act of 2010
Sep 29, 2010. Passed 304/118.
H.R. 31 (111th): Lumbee Recognition Act
Jun 3, 2009. Passed 240/179.
H.Res. 1284 (110th): Providing for consideration of the Senate amendments to the House amendments to the Senate amendment to the ...
Jun 19, 2008. Passed 342/83.
H.Res. 801 (110th): Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 3688) to implement the United States-Peru Trade Promotion Agreement.
Nov 7, 2007. Passed 349/55.
H.R. 1830 (110th): To extend the authorities of the Andean Trade Preference Act until February 29, 2008.
Jun 27, 2007. Passed 365/59.
From Jan 1999 to Dec 2010, Hill missed 142 of 6,962 roll call votes, which is 2.0%. This is better than the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2010. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: