Loudermilk is the representative for Georgia’s 11th congressional district (view map) and is a Republican. He has served since Jan 6, 2015. Loudermilk is next up for reelection in 2022 and serves until Jan 3, 2023.
Read our 2020 Report Card for Loudermilk.
Loudermilk is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Loudermilk has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to Mar 3, 2021. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Loudermilk was the primary sponsor of 2 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 1060 (116th): BUILD Act
- H.R. 187 (116th): Kennesaw Mountain National Battlefield Park Boundary Adjustment Act
Does 2 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Loudermilk sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Finance and Financial Sector (44%) Government Operations and Politics (16%) Economics and Public Finance (16%) Science, Technology, Communications (8%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (8%) Arts, Culture, Religion (8%)
Some of Loudermilk’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.J.Res. 26: Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States requiring that the ...
- H.R. 766: TAILOR Act
- H.R. 8788 (116th): THRIVE Act
- H.R. 8675 (116th): Preventing Regulatory Penalties for PPP Lenders Act
- H.Res. 1081 (116th): Recognizing the role of democracies in responding to the COVID-19 pandemic, democracy’s ...
- H.R. 3987 (116th): Alleviating Stress Test Burdens to Help Investors Act
- H.R. 3348 (116th): Modern Employment Reform, Improvement, and Transformation Act of 2019
From Jan 2015 to Mar 2021, Loudermilk missed 253 of 3,551 roll call votes, which is 7.1%. This is much worse than the median of 2.0% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: