Our unique analysis of the bills Stupak sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2010. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Stupak is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Stupak was the primary sponsor of 11 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- H.R. 1359 (111th): Secure and Responsible Drug Disposal Act of 2009
- H.R. 1282 (111th): To authorize the Commandant of the Coast Guard to convey to the City of Marquette, Michigan, certain real property under the administrative control of the Coast Guard, ...
- H.R. 6353 (110th): Ryan Haight Online Pharmacy Consumer Protection Act of 2008
- H.R. 4273 (110th): To designate the Department of Veterans Affairs clinic in Alpena, Michigan, as the “Lieutenant Colonel Clement C. Van Wagoner Department of Veterans Affairs Clinic”.
- H.R. 2602 (110th): To name the Department of Veterans Affairs medical facility in Iron Mountain, Michigan, as the “Oscar G. Johnson Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Facility”.
- H.R. 692 (110th): Army Specialist Joseph P. Micks Federal Flag Code Amendment Act of 2007
- H.R. 1374 (107th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 600 Calumet Street in Lake Linden, Michigan, as the “Philip E. Ruppe Post Office Building”.
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Stupak sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (25%) Law (13%) Commerce (11%) Crime and Law Enforcement (11%) Armed Forces and National Security (11%) Health (10%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (10%) Transportation and Public Works (8%)
Some of Stupak’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6446 (111th): To authorize the transfer of a naval vessel to the Mackinac Island ...
- H.R. 6422 (111th): Railroad Retirement Fairness Act
- H.R. 6082 (111th): To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to allow an exemption ...
- H.R. 6074 (111th): Enhancing Quality through Survey System Improvements Act of 2010
- H.Res. 1564 (111th): Commending and congratulating Michigan Technological University on the occasion of its 125th ...
- H.R. 5364 (111th): Special Care Dentistry Act of 2010
- H.Con.Res. 254 (111th): Correcting the enrollment of H.R. 3590.
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1993 to Dec 2010, Stupak missed 577 of 11,825 roll call votes, which is 4.9%. This is worse than the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2010. ProPublica has tracked 139 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: