Our unique analysis of the bills Blaz sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 1992. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Blaz is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Blaz was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
- H.R. 2224 (99th): A bill to amend the Immigration and Nationality Act to permit nonimmigrant alien crewmen on fishing vessels to stop temporarily at ports in Guam.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Blaz sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Foreign Trade and International Finance (24%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (19%) Environmental Protection (11%) International Affairs (11%) Labor and Employment (11%) Law (8%) Government Operations and Politics (8%) Immigration (8%)
Some of Blaz’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4974 (102nd): To provide for additional development at War in the Pacific National Historical ...
- H.R. 4233 (102nd): To extend the supplemental security income benefits program to residents of Guam, ...
- H.R. 4164 (102nd): Guam Excess Lands Act
- H.R. 2897 (102nd): Relating to the tariff treatment of certain sweaters assembled in Guam.
- H.R. 1416 (102nd): Relating to wage certificates issued to producers in the insular possessions of ...
- H.R. 98 (102nd): Guam Commonwealth Act
- H.R. 4846 (101st): To extend the supplemental security income benefits program to residents of Guam, ...
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: