2015 Report CardRead our 2015 Report Card for Luján »
Our unique analysis of the bills Luján has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Luján is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Ben Luján sits on the following committees:
Luján sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Native Americans (22%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (20%) Energy (16%) Education (11%) Health (11%) Labor and Employment (7%) Armed Forces and National Security (7%) Science, Technology, Communications (7%)
Some of Luján’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4872: Save for Success Act
- H.R. 4802: Medicaid Program Integrity Enhancement Act of 2016
- H.R. 4568: Cooperative Research and Development Fund Authorization Act of 2016
- H.R. 4255: To amend the Act commonly known as the Indian Long-Term Leasing Act to ...
- H.R. 4179: Fair and Clear Campaign Transparency Act
- H.R. 3979: To amend title 38, United States Code, to include local government minimum wage ...
- H.R. 3691: Improving Treatment for Pregnant and Postpartum Women Act of 2015
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2009 to Apr 2016, Luján missed 76 of 5,347 roll call votes, which is 1.4%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 23 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: