Read our 2019 Report Card for McAdams.
McAdams is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills McAdams has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Jan 17, 2020. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Ben McAdams sits on the following committees:
McAdams sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of McAdams’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4704: Advancing Research to Prevent Suicide Act
- H.R. 4656: Background Ozone Research Act
- H.R. 4344: Investor Protection and Capital Markets Fairness Act
- H.R. 4364: Taxpayer Fairness for Resource Development Act of 2019
- H.R. 4083: FINISH Act
- H.R. 3886: Fostering Innovation Act of 2019
- H.R. 3597: Solar Energy Research and Development Act of 2019
From Jan 2019 to Jan 2020, McAdams missed 2 of 723 roll call votes, which is 0.3%. This is better than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: