Our unique analysis of the bills Nelson sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the Senate in 2013. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Nelson is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Nelson sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Foreign Trade and International Finance (38%) Health (21%) Armed Forces and National Security (11%) Finance and Financial Sector (8%) Taxation (8%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (5%) Transportation and Public Works (5%) Housing and Community Development (5%)
Some of Nelson’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 3712 (112th): Boys Town Centennial Commemorative Coin Act
- S. 3541 (112th): A bill to amend section 520 of the Housing Act of 1949 ...
- S.Res. 548 (112th): A resolution designating the week beginning September 9, 2012, as “National Direct ...
- S.Res. 550 (112th): A resolution designating September 13, 2012, as “National Celiac Disease Awareness Day”.
- S. 3374 (112th): A bill to amend the Public Rangelands Improvement Act of 1978 to ...
- S. 2625 (112th): A bill to extend the temporary suspension of duty on Cyproconazole.
- S. 2627 (112th): A bill to extend and modify the temporary reduction of duty on ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2001 to Jan 2013, Nelson missed 40 of 3,792 roll call votes, which is 1.1%. This is better than the median of 2.0% among the lifetime records of senators serving in Jan 2013. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: