Our unique analysis of the bills Nelson sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the Senate. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Nelson is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Some of Nelson’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 3712 (112th): Boys Town Centennial Commemorative Coin Act
- S. 3541 (112th): A bill to amend section 520 of the Housing Act of 1949 ...
- S.Res. 548 (112th): A resolution designating the week beginning September 9, 2012, as “National Direct ...
- S.Res. 550 (112th): A resolution designating September 13, 2012, as “National Celiac Disease Awareness Day”.
- S. 3374 (112th): A bill to amend the Public Rangelands Improvement Act of 1978 to ...
- S. 2625 (112th): A bill to extend the temporary suspension of duty on Cyproconazole.
- S. 2627 (112th): A bill to extend and modify the temporary reduction of duty on ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2001 to Jan 2013, Nelson missed 40 of 3,792 roll call votes, which is 1.1%. This is better than the median of 2.0% among the lifetime records of senators serving in Jan 2013. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
Recent Legislative Activity
Bill Passed 89/8
Nomination Confirmed 69/24
Nomination Confirmed 64/26
Bill Passed 62/32