Quayle was the representative for Arizona’s 3rd congressional district and was a Republican. He served from 2011 to 2012.
Quayle is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2013 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Quayle sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Quayle sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Quayle’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.J.Res. 114 (112th): Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States relative to ...
- H.Res. 695 (112th): Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives on the appointment by ...
- H.R. 5953 (112th): Prohibiting Back-door Amnesty Act
- H.R. 5846 (112th): Second Amendment Sovereignty Act of 2012
- H.R. 4369 (112th): Furthering Asbestos Claim Transparency (FACT) Act of 2012
- H.R. 4088 (112th): Capital Expansion Act
- H.R. 4067 (112th): Navajo-Hopi Little Colorado River Water Rights Settlement Act of 2012
|Quayle’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.J.Res. 117 (112th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2013
Sep 13, 2012. Passed 329/91.
H.R. 6233 (112th): Agricultural Disaster Assistance Act of 2012
Aug 2, 2012. Passed 223/197.
H.R. 5972 (112th): Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2013
Jun 29, 2012. Passed 261/163.
S. 365 (112th): Budget Control Act of 2011
Aug 1, 2011. Passed 269/161.
The Budget Control Act of 2011 (Pub.L. 112–25, S. 365, 125 Stat. 240, enacted August 2, 2011) is a federal statute in the United States that was signed into law by President Barack Obama on August 2, 2011. The Act brought conclusion to the United ...
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
From Jan 2011 to Jan 2013, Quayle missed 66 of 1,606 roll call votes, which is 4.1%. This is worse than the median of 2.6% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Jan 2013. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: