Our unique analysis of the bills Rosenthal sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 1984. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Rosenthal is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Rosenthal sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Health (23%) Education (15%) Government Operations and Politics (13%) International Affairs (13%) Housing and Community Development (10%) Armed Forces and National Security (10%) Taxation (10%) Private Legislation (8%)
Some of Rosenthal’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 7352 (97th): Insider Trading Sanctions Act of 1982
- H.R. 6524 (97th): Formaldehyde Victims Compensation Act of 1982
- H.Res. 433 (97th): A resolution to authorize the disclosure of certain classified documents relating to ...
- H.J.Res. 426 (97th): A joint resolution to prohibit military assistance for El Salvador.
- H.R. 5542 (97th): A bill for the relief of Dr. and Mrs. Bartolo Caldentey.
- H.Res. 332 (97th): A resolution expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that priority ...
- H.R. 5024 (97th): A bill to repeal the limitation on the number of families with ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills