Our unique analysis of the bills Sasse has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the Senate. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Sasse is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Sasse for more statistics.
Benjamin Sasse sits on the following committees:
Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition, and Forestry
- Chairman, Subcommittee on Livestock, Marketing and Agriculture Security
- Member, Subcommittee on Conservation, Forestry and Natural Resources
- Member, Subcommittee on Nutrition, Specialty Crops, and Agricultural Research
- Joint Economic Committee
Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs
- Member, Subcommittee on Economic Policy
- Member, Subcommittee on National Security and International Trade and Finance
- Member, Subcommittee on Securities, Insurance, and Investment
Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs
- Member, Subcommittee on Federal Spending Oversight and Emergency Management
- Member, Subcommittee on Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations
- Member, Subcommittee on Regulatory Affairs and Federal Management
- Senate Special Committee on Aging
Sasse sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Sasse’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 3311: CO-OP Consumer Protection Act of 2016
- S. 2849: GAO Access and Oversight Act of 2016
- S. 2803: Taxpayers Before Insurers Act
- S.Con.Res. 33: A concurrent resolution expressing the sense of Congress that those who commit or ...
- S. 2128: Inspector General Mandates Reporting Act of 2015
- S. 2066: Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act
- S. 748: Amnesty Bonuses Elimination Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2015 to Sep 2016, Sasse missed 5 of 490 roll call votes, which is 1.0%. This is better than the median of 1.7% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: