Our unique analysis of the bills Bedell sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 1986. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Bedell is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Bedell sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Agriculture and Food (25%) Economics and Public Finance (16%) Taxation (12%) Social Welfare (10%) Energy (10%) Government Operations and Politics (9%) Environmental Protection (9%) International Affairs (7%)
Some of Bedell’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5608 (99th): A bill to amend the Reclamation Projects Act of 1939 to require ...
- H.R. 4492 (99th): A bill to permit the transfer of certain airport property in Algona, ...
- H.R. 4364 (99th): Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act Amendments of 1986
- H.R. 4335 (99th): Alcohol Motor Fuel Act of 1986
- H.R. 4267 (99th): A bill to amend the Agricultural Act of 1949 to provide increased ...
- H.R. 3805 (99th): A bill to amend the Agricultural Act of 1949 to provide for ...
- H.R. 3824 (99th): Motor Fuel Sales Competition Improvement Act of 1985
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1975 to Oct 1986, Bedell missed 404 of 6,695 roll call votes, which is 6.0%. This is on par with the median of 6.2% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Oct 1986. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills