Our unique analysis of the bills Sanders has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the Senate. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Sanders is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Sanders for more statistics.
Bernard “Bernie” Sanders sits on the following committees:
- Ranking Member, Senate Committee on the Budget
- Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources
- Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works
- Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions
- Senate Committee on Veterans' Affairs
Sanders sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Sanders’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 3044: Puerto Rico Humanitarian Relief and Reconstruction Act
- S. 2399: Climate Protection and Justice Act of 2015
- S. 2391: American Clean Energy Investment Act of 2015
- S. 2398: Clean Energy Worker Just Transition Act
- S. 2242: Save Oak Flat Act
- S. 2237: Ending Federal Marijuana Prohibition Act of 2015
- S. 2142: Workplace Democracy Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2007 to Sep 2016, Sanders missed 215 of 2,986 roll call votes, which is 7.2%. This is much worse than the median of 1.7% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: