Our unique analysis of the bills O'Rourke has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). O'Rourke is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for O'Rourke for more statistics.
Beto O'Rourke sits on the following committees:
O'Rourke sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of O'Rourke’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5873: To designate the Federal building and United States courthouse located at 511 East ...
- H.R. 5726: Better Informing Veterans’ Healthcare Decisions Act
- H.R. 5648: Mental Health Care Provider Retention Act of 2016
- H.R. 5501: Get Veterans a Doctor Now Act
- H.R. 5337: Veteran Prescription Continuity Act
- H.R. 5162: Vet Connect Act of 2016
- H.Res. 572: Celebrating the 50th anniversary of the Texas Western College’s 1966 NCAA Basketball Championship ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2013 to Sep 2016, O'Rourke missed 61 of 2,463 roll call votes, which is 2.5%. This is on par with the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 10 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: