Our unique analysis of the bills Markey sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2010. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Markey is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Markey sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Markey’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6211 (111th): Veterans Back and Spinal Therapy Act
- H.R. 6049 (111th): Sand Creek Massacre National Historic Site Visitor Center Act of 2010
- H.R. 6050 (111th): Bent’s Old Fort Museum Collections Facility Act of 2010
- H.R. 5911 (111th): Rocky Mountain National Park Boundary Modification Act of 2010
- H.Res. 1541 (111th): Expressing support for designation of October 7, 2010, as national “Jumpstart’s Read ...
- H.R. 5730 (111th): Surface Transportation Earmark Rescission, Savings, and Accountability Act
- H.Res. 1297 (111th): Supporting the goals and ideals of American Craft Beer Week.
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2009 to Dec 2010, Markey missed 44 of 1,655 roll call votes, which is 2.7%. This is on par with the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2010. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: