Read our 2018 Report Card for McCollum.
McCollum is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills McCollum has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to May 20, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Betty McCollum sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Appropriations
- Chair, Subcommittee on Interior, Environment, and Related Agencies
- Vice Chair, Subcommittee on Defense
- Member, Subcommittee on Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies
McCollum was the primary sponsor of 4 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 6856 (115th): PEPFAR and Protections for Orphans and Vulnerable Children Act of 2018
- H.R. 6185 (115th): Johnson-O’Malley Supplemental Indian Education Program Modernization Act
- H.R. 2751 (114th): Alyce Spotted Bear and Walter Soboleff Commission on Native Children Act
- H.R. 6229 (110th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 2523 7th Avenue East in North Saint Paul, Minnesota, as the “Mayor William ‘Bill’ Sandberg ...
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
McCollum sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of McCollum’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 2407: Promoting Human Rights for Palestinian Children Living Under Israeli Military Occupation Act
- H.R. 1695: Community Services Block Grant Reauthorization Act of 2019
- H.R. 1458: Keep Community Service Local Act
- H.R. 1128: Indian Programs Advanced Appropriations Act
- H.R. 733: Leech Lake Band of Ojibwe Reservation Restoration Act
- H.R. 266: Department of the Interior, Environment, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2019
- H.J.Res. 17: Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States regarding health care.
From Jan 2001 to May 2019, McCollum missed 296 of 12,528 roll call votes, which is 2.4%. This is on par with the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: