Our unique analysis of the bills Barrett sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2000. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Barrett is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Barrett sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Agriculture and Food (19%) Economics and Public Finance (18%) Government Operations and Politics (16%) Housing and Community Development (12%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (10%) Water Resources Development (10%) Education (8%) Families (7%)
Some of Barrett’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 632 (106th): Providing for the concurrence by the House with an amendment in the ...
- H.R. 5383 (106th): To amend the child and adult care food program under the Richard ...
- H.R. 4788 (106th): Grain Standards and Warehouse Improvement Act of 2000
- H.R. 3429 (106th): Legal Employment Authentication Program (LEAP) Act of 1999
- H.R. 2984 (106th): To direct the Secretary of the Interior, through the Bureau of Reclamation, ...
- H.R. 2850 (106th): Older Americans Amendments of 1999
- H.R. 2725 (106th): Rural Education Initiative Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1991 to Dec 2000, Barrett missed 63 of 5,795 roll call votes, which is 1.1%. This is better than the median of 3.0% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2000. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: