Read our 2016 Report Card for Cassidy.
Our unique analysis of the bills Cassidy has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the Senate. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Cassidy is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Bill Cassidy sits on the following committees:
- Senate Committee on Finance
- Joint Economic Committee
- Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources
- Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions
- Senate Committee on Veterans' Affairs
Cassidy was the primary sponsor of 4 bills that were enacted:
- S.J.Res. 27: A joint resolution disapproving the rule submitted by the Department of Labor relating to “Clarification of Employer’s Continuing Obligation to Make and Maintain an Accurate Record of Each ...
- S. 2754 (114th): To designate the Federal building and United States courthouse located at 300 Fannin Street in Shreveport, Louisiana, as the “Tom Stagg United States Court House”.
- S. 2340 (114th): MEGABYTE Act of 2016
- H.R. 4276 (113th): Veterans Traumatic Brain Injury Care Improvement Act of 2014
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Cassidy sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Cassidy’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 830: Treat and Reduce Obesity Act of 2017
- S. 798: Yellow Ribbon Improvement Act of 2017
- S. 781: Good Samaritan Health Professionals Act of 2017
- S. 665: Unleashing American Energy Act of 2017
- S. 505: Waterway LNG Parity Act of 2017
- S.J.Res. 27: A joint resolution disapproving the rule submitted by the Department of Labor relating ...
- S. 520: Medicaid Accountability and Care Act of 2017
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Cassidy’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 83 (113th): Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015
Dec 11, 2014. Passed 219/206.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015 [pdf], which was approved by the House on December 11, 2014 and by the Senate on December 13, 2014. The bill was originally introduced on January 3, 2013 by ...
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
H.R. 6190 (112th): Asthma Inhalers Relief Act of 2012
Dec 12, 2012. Failed 229/182.
H.R. 3857 (112th): Public Transit Security and Local Law Enforcement Support Act
Sep 12, 2012. Passed 355/62.
H.R. 6233 (112th): Agricultural Disaster Assistance Act of 2012
Aug 2, 2012. Passed 223/197.
H.R. 5325 (112th): Energy and Water Development and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2013
Jun 6, 2012. Passed 255/165.
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
H.Res. 989 (111th): Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that the United States should adopt national policies and ...
Jun 9, 2010. Failed 241/170.
From Jan 2015 to Apr 2017, Cassidy missed 7 of 613 roll call votes, which is 1.1%. This is on par with the median of 1.3% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 2 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: