Read our 2018 Report Card for Cassidy.
Cassidy is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the Senate positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Cassidy has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to May 21, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Bill Cassidy sits on the following committees:
- Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources
Senate Committee on Finance
- Chair, Subcommittee on Fiscal Responsibility and Economic Growth
- Member, Subcommittee on Health Care
- Member, Subcommittee on International Trade, Customs, and Global Competitiveness
- Member, Subcommittee on Social Security, Pensions, and Family Policy
- Joint Economic Committee
- Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions
- Senate Committee on Veterans' Affairs
Cassidy was the primary sponsor of 11 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- S. 863: A bill to amend title 38, United States Code, to clarify the grade and pay of podiatrists of the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- S. 3444 (115th): A bill to designate the community-based outpatient clinic of the Department of Veterans Affairs in Lake Charles, Louisiana, as the “Douglas Fournet Department of Veterans Affairs Clinic”.
- S. 2652 (115th): Stephen Michael Gleason Congressional Gold Medal Act
- S. 1142: J. Bennett Johnston Waterway Hydropower Extension Act of 2018
- S. 2912: Opioid Addiction Treatment Programs Enhancement Act
- S. 2875: COMBAT Act of 2018
- S. 188: EGO Act
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Cassidy sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Cassidy’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 1577: A bill to amend the Public Health Service Act to prohibit certain contracts ...
- S. 1531: A bill to amend the Public Health Service Act to provide protections for ...
- S. 1370: Gold Star Family Tax Relief Act
- S. 1373: SNIFF Act
- S. 1350: Good Samaritan Health Professionals Act of 2019
- S. 1155: License Natural Gas Now Act of 2019
- S. 1209: Reforming Evergreening and Manipulation that Extends Drug Years Act
From Jan 2015 to May 2019, Cassidy missed 16 of 1,227 roll call votes, which is 1.3%. This is on par with the median of 1.4% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: