Read our 2018 Report Card for Flores.
Flores is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Flores has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Jun 14, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Bill Flores sits on the following committees:
Flores was the primary sponsor of 2 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 3900: Youth Empowerment Act of 2017
- H.R. 4199 (113th): To name the Department of Veterans Affairs medical center in Waco, Texas, as the “Doris Miller Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center”.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Flores sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Flores’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3168: To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to allow certain legal fees ...
- H.R. 2540: Food and Fuel Consumer Protection Act of 2019
- H.R. 2536: To repeal the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act and health care-related provisions ...
- H.R. 2469: Health Coverage State Flexibility Act of 2019
- H.R. 1760: Advanced Nuclear Fuel Availability Act
- H.R. 990: Hatch-Waxman Integrity Act of 2019
- H.R. 7365: To require the Federal Communications Commission to approve or deny a license transfer ...
From Jan 2011 to Jun 2019, Flores missed 138 of 5,667 roll call votes, which is 2.4%. This is on par with the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: