Our unique analysis of the bills Flores has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Flores is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Flores for more statistics.
Bill Flores sits on the following committees:
Flores sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Flores’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Con.Res. 163: Commemorating the 100th anniversary of the 1916 opening of the Texas A&M College ...
- H.R. 6071: Making continuing appropriations for fiscal year 2017, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 5410: Health Coverage State Flexibility Act of 2016
- H.R. 5180: Food and Fuel Consumer Protection Act of 2016
- H.R. 4000: Ozone National Ambient Air Quality Standard Deadline Harmonization Act of 2015
- H.R. 3822: Student Loan Opportunity Act of 2015
- H.R. 3771: Terms of Credit Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Flores’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed.
H.J.Res. 35: Making further continuing appropriations for fiscal year 2015, and for other purposes.
Feb 27, 2015. Failed.
From Jan 2011 to Sep 2016, Flores missed 95 of 4,087 roll call votes, which is 2.3%. This is on par with the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 1 explanation for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: