Our unique analysis of the bills Foster has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Foster is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Foster for more statistics.
Bill Foster sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Financial Services
- Member, Subcommittee on Capital Markets and Government Sponsored Enterprises
- Member, Subcommittee on Monetary Policy and Trade
House Committee on Science, Space, and Technology
- Member, Subcommittee on Environment
Foster sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Health (21%) Taxation (18%) Science, Technology, Communications (18%) Immigration (12%) Armed Forces and National Security (12%) Finance and Financial Sector (9%) Government Operations and Politics (6%) Education (6%)
Some of Foster’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5835: To repeal the minimum State allocation requirement for the Housing Trust Fund established ...
- H.Res. 759: Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives in support of the International ...
- H.R. 5287: Medicaid Coverage for Addiction Recovery Expansion Act
- H.R. 4982: Examining Opioid Treatment Infrastructure Act of 2016
- H.R. 4960: To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 525 ...
- H.Res. 641: Expressing support for designation of March 14, 2016, as “National Pi Day”.
- H.R. 4669: Advancing Standards in Regenerative Medicine Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Mar 2008 to Jul 2016, Foster missed 34 of 4,615 roll call votes, which is 0.7%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 8 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: