Read our 2016 Report Card for Foster.
Our unique analysis of the bills Foster has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Foster is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Bill Foster sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Financial Services
- House Committee on Science, Space, and Technology
Foster was the primary sponsor of 2 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 4960 (114th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 525 N Broadway in Aurora, Illinois, as the “Kenneth M. Christy Post Office Building”.
- H.R. 5278 (111th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 405 West Second Street in Dixon, Illinois, as the “President Ronald W. Reagan Post Office ...
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Foster sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Health (20%) Science, Technology, Communications (18%) Taxation (14%) Education (14%) Immigration (12%) Armed Forces and National Security (8%) Finance and Financial Sector (8%) Government Operations and Politics (6%)
Some of Foster’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 2750: To amend the Financial Stability Act of 2010 to preserve the independent funding ...
- H.R. 2687: To amend title XIX of the Social Security Act to provide States with ...
- H.R. 2608: To amend title 23, United States Code, with respect to apportionments to States ...
- H.Res. 300: Encouraging greater public-private sector collaboration to promote financial literacy for students and young ...
- H.Res. 260: Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives in support of the International ...
- H.R. 2018: Autofill Act of 2017
- H.R. 1569: American Innovation Act
|Foster’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 5424: Investment Advisers Modernization Act of 2016
Sep 9, 2016. Passed 261/145.
H.R. 1735: National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2016
Oct 1, 2015. Passed 270/156.
The National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2016 is a comprehensive defense spending bill. At almost 1,000 pages long it will direct funding for procurement, research, and operation of defense technology, establish military policy, and address other matters pertaining to national defense. It has ...
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed 218/208.
This vote made H.R. 2146 the vehicle for passage of Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal currently being negotiated. H.R. 2146 was originally introduced as a bill to address issues with retirement funds of federal law enforcement officers and firefighters. ...
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act (H.R. 2048, Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection of ...
H.R. 37: Promoting Job Creation and Reducing Small Business Burdens Act
Jan 14, 2015. Passed 271/154.
H.R. 83 (113th): Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015
Dec 11, 2014. Passed 219/206.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015 [pdf], which was approved by the House on December 11, 2014 and by the Senate on December 13, 2014. The bill was originally introduced on January 3, 2013 by ...
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
H.R. 3393 (113th): Student and Family Tax Simplification Act
Jul 24, 2014. Passed 227/187.
H.R. 3309 (113th): Innovation Act
Dec 5, 2013. Passed 325/91.
H.Con.Res. 308 (111th): Providing for a conditional adjournment of the House of Representatives.
Jul 29, 2010. Passed 231/189.
From Mar 2008 to May 2017, Foster missed 34 of 5,044 roll call votes, which is 0.7%. This is better than the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 8 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: