Hagerty is the junior senator from Tennessee and is a Republican. He has served since Jan 3, 2021. Hagerty is next up for reelection in 2026 and serves until Jan 3, 2027.
Bill Hagerty sits on the following committees:
Senate Committee on Foreign Relations
- State Department and USAID Management, International Operations, and Bilateral International Development subcommittee Ranking Member
- Senate Committee on Appropriations
- Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs
- Senate Committee on Rules and Administration
Hagerty sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
International Affairs (100%)
Some of Hagerty’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S.Res. 248: A resolution recognizing and celebrating the 225th anniversary of the entry of the ...
- S. 1865: A bill to require advance consultation with State and local officials and monthly ...
- S. 1751: Emergency Resupply for IRON DOME Act of 2021
- S. 1384: 21st Century FREE Speech Act
- S.Res. 163: A resolution relating to the death of the Honorable William “Bill” Emerson Brock ...
- S. 980: Reopen for Kids Act
- S.Res. 107: A resolution expressing the sense of the Senate relating to the 10th anniversary ...
From Jan 2021 to Jun 2021, Hagerty missed 1 of 241 roll call votes, which is 0.4%. This is better than the median of 1.6% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: