Read our 2018 Report Card for Huizenga.
Huizenga is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Huizenga has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to May 24, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Bill Huizenga sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Financial Services
- Ranking Member, Subcommittee on Investor Protection, Entrepreneurship, and Capital Markets
- Member, Subcommittee on Housing, Community Development, and Insurance
Huizenga was the primary sponsor of 4 bills that were enacted:
- H.J.Res. 41: Providing for congressional disapproval under chapter 8 of title 5, United States Code, of a rule submitted by the Securities and Exchange Commission relating to “Disclosure of Payments ...
- H.R. 1613 (114th): Federal Vehicle Repair Cost Savings Act of 2015
- H.R. 1698 (114th): Bullion and Collectible Coin Production Efficiency and Cost Savings Act
- H.R. 4014 (112th): To amend the Federal Deposit Insurance Act with respect to information provided to the Bureau of Consumer Financial Protection.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Huizenga sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Finance and Financial Sector (48%) Government Operations and Politics (7%) Housing and Community Development (7%) Health (7%) Taxation (7%) Environmental Protection (7%) Commerce (7%) International Affairs (7%)
Some of Huizenga’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 2919: To require the Securities and Exchange Commission to carry out a study to ...
- H.R. 609: Small Business Mergers, Acquisitions, Sales, and Brokerage Simplification Act of 2019
- H.R. 6343: INPATIENT Act of 2018
- H.R. 6183: Family Reunification Act
- H.R. 6139: Improving Investment Research for Small and Emerging Issuers Act
- H.R. 4785: American Customer Information Protection Act
- H.R. 4519: To amend the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 to repeal certain disclosure requirements ...
From Jan 2011 to May 2019, Huizenga missed 141 of 5,576 roll call votes, which is 2.5%. This is on par with the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: