Our unique analysis of the bills Huizenga has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Huizenga is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Huizenga for more statistics.
Bill Huizenga sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Financial Services
- Chairman, Subcommittee on Monetary Policy and Trade
- Member, Subcommittee on Capital Markets and Government Sponsored Enterprises
Huizenga sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Foreign Trade and International Finance (29%) Finance and Financial Sector (26%) Crime and Law Enforcement (10%) Taxation (10%) Housing and Community Development (10%) Health (7%) Emergency Management (5%) Environmental Protection (5%)
Some of Huizenga’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6050: National Debt and Taxation Transparency Act of 2016
- H.R. 5711: To prohibit the Secretary of the Treasury from authorizing certain transactions by a ...
- H.R. 4836: To require the United States to oppose the provision by the International Monetary ...
- H.R. 4671: Small Business Protection Act of 2016
- H.R. 3189: Fed Oversight Reform and Modernization Act of 2015
- H.R. 2109: Endangered Species Litigation Reasonableness Act
- H.R. 1699: Federal Prison Industries Competition in Contracting Act of 2015
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2011 to Sep 2016, Huizenga missed 84 of 4,076 roll call votes, which is 2.1%. This is on par with the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 33 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: