Our unique analysis of the bills Johnson has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Johnson is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Johnson for more statistics.
Bill Johnson sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Energy and Commerce
- House Committee on Science, Space, and Technology
Johnson sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Johnson’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4557: Blocking Regulatory Interference from Closing Kilns Act of 2016
- H.R. 3357: POWER Counties Act
- H.R. 3250: DXM Abuse Prevention Act of 2015
- H.R. 3101: POW Accountability Act
- H.R. 2605: Veterans Fiduciary Reform Act of 2015
- H.R. 351: LNG Permitting Certainty and Transparency Act
- H.R. 5614 (113th): United States Anti-Doping Agency Reauthorization Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2011 to Sep 2016, Johnson missed 9 of 4,087 roll call votes, which is 0.2%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 3 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: