Sen. Bill Nelson
|Dates||Title / State / District|
Florida's 11th District
Florida's 9th District
New: 2013 Report CardRead our new 2013 Report Card for Nelson »
Nelson is a centrist Democrat according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship. Nelson’s bills have had a total of 201 cosponsors in the 113th Congress.
Use this chart to compare Nelson to other members of the Senate on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Bill Nelson sits on the following committees:
- Chairman, Senate Special Committee on Aging
- Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
- Senate Committee on Armed Services
- Senate Committee on the Budget
- Senate Committee on Finance
Some of Nelson’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S.Res. 331: A resolution congratulating the Florida State University football team for winning the 2014 ...
- S.Res. 312: A resolution urging the Government of Iran to fulfill their promises of assistance ...
- S. 1774: Undetectable Firearms Reauthorization Act of 2013
- S. 1753: A bill to extend Government liability, subject to appropriation, for certain third-party claims ...
- S. 1672: Special Needs Trust Fairness Act of 2013
- S.Res. 282: A resolution commemorating the 20th anniversary of the establishment of the Corporation for ...
- S. 1576: A bill to redesignate the Department of Veterans Affairs Healthcare System located at ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2001 to Mar 2014, Nelson missed 73 of 4,145 roll call votes, which is 1.8%. This is worse than the median of 1.8% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- GPO Member Guide for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills
Recent Legislative Activity
Cloture Motion Agreed to 62/34
Sen. Nelson [D-FL]: YeaMar 10, 2014 5:33 p.m.
Cloture Motion Agreed to 100/0
Sen. Nelson [D-FL]: YeaMar 06, 2014 2:29 p.m.
Cloture Motion Rejected 55/45
Sen. Nelson [D-FL]: NayMar 06, 2014 2:01 p.m.
Nomination Confirmed 58/42
Sen. Nelson [D-FL]: YeaMar 06, 2014 11:20 a.m.