Read our 2016 Report Card for Pascrell.
Our unique analysis of the bills Pascrell has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Pascrell is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Bill Pascrell Jr. sits on the following committees:
Pascrell was the primary sponsor of 3 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 1609 (110th): To award posthumously a Congressional Gold Medal to Constantino Brumidi.
- H.R. 1625 (108th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 1114 Main Avenue in Clifton, New Jersey, as the “Robert P. Hammer Post Office Building”.
- H.R. 146 (107th): Great Falls Historic District Study Act of 2001
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Pascrell sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Pascrell’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6183: Border Tax Equity Act of 2016
- H.R. 6172: Campus Fire Safety Education Act of 2016
- H.Res. 849: Expressing condolences to the people of Italy and support for the Government of ...
- H.R. 5874: Guardians of America’s Freedom Medal Act
- H.R. 5657: H-1B and L-1 Visa Reform Act of 2016
- H.R. 5621: To posthumously award a Congressional Gold Medal to Lawrence Eugene “Larry” Doby in ...
- H.R. 5245: Better Oversight of Secondary Sales and Accountability in Concert Ticketing Act of 2016
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Pascrell’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act ("H.R. 2048". , Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection ...
H.R. 33: Protecting Volunteer Firefighters and Emergency Responders Act
Feb 27, 2015. Passed 357/60.
This bill was the vehicle for the passage of continuing appropriations. This bill started out as the Protecting Volunteer Firefighters and Emergency Responders Act. It was passed by the House in this form. But on Feb 27, 2015 the Senate struck its text in whole ...
H.R. 83 (113th): Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015
Dec 11, 2014. Passed 219/206.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015 [pdf], which was approved by the House on December 11, 2014 and by the Senate on December 13, 2014. The bill was originally introduced on January 3, 2013 by ...
H.R. 5771 (113th): Tax Increase Prevention Act of 2014
Dec 3, 2014. Passed 378/46.
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
H.R. 6190 (112th): Asthma Inhalers Relief Act of 2012
Dec 12, 2012. Failed 229/182.
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
H.R. 1908 (110th): Patent Reform Act of 2007
Sep 7, 2007. Passed 220/175.
From Jan 1997 to Jan 2017, Pascrell missed 549 of 13,557 roll call votes, which is 4.0%. This is worse than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 130 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: