Read our 2019 Report Card for Pascrell.
Pascrell is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Pascrell has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Jan 16, 2020. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Bill Pascrell Jr. sits on the following committees:
Pascrell was the primary sponsor of 9 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- H.R. 1865: Further Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2020
- H.R. 2379: To reauthorize the Bulletproof Vest Partnership Grant Program.
- H.R. 6615 (115th): Traumatic Brain Injury Program Reauthorization Act of 2018
- H.R. 3881: AFG and SAFER Program Reauthorization Act of 2017
- H.R. 4460 (114th): Youth Sports Concussion Act
- H.R. 280 (111th): Paterson Great Falls National Historical Park Act
- H.R. 1609 (110th): To award posthumously a Congressional Gold Medal to Constantino Brumidi.
Does 9 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Pascrell sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Pascrell’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5647: To authorize the Secretary of Education to make grants to support fire safety ...
- H.R. 5342: Supporting America’s First Responders Act of 2019
- H.R. 5246: REDUCE Act of 2019
- H.R. 4887: Incentivizing Offshore Wind Power Act
- H.R. 4685: High Rise Fire Sprinkler Incentive Act of 2019
- H.Res. 612: Urging the people of the United States to observe the month of October ...
- H.Res. 567: Supporting the designation of September 20, 2019, as “National Concussion Awareness Day”.
From Jan 1997 to Jan 2020, Pascrell missed 590 of 15,431 roll call votes, which is 3.8%. This is worse than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: