Pascrell is the representative for New Jersey’s 9th congressional district (view map) and is a Democrat. He has served since Jan 3, 2013. Pascrell is next up for reelection in 2022 and serves until Jan 3, 2023.
He was previously the representative for New Jersey’s 8th congressional district as a Democrat from 1997 to 2012.
Pascrell is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Pascrell has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to Sep 30, 2022. See full analysis methodology.
Bill Pascrell sits on the following committees:
Pascrell was the primary sponsor of 11 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- H.R. 2992: TBI and PTSD Law Enforcement Training Act
- H.R. 2936: Protecting America’s First Responders Act of 2021
- H.R. 1865 (116th): Further Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2020
- H.R. 2379 (116th): To reauthorize the Bulletproof Vest Partnership Grant Program.
- H.R. 6615 (115th): Traumatic Brain Injury Program Reauthorization Act of 2018
- H.R. 3881 (115th): AFG and SAFER Program Reauthorization Act of 2017
- H.R. 4460 (114th): Youth Sports Concussion Act
Does 11 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Pascrell sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Recently Introduced Bills
Pascrell recently introduced the following legislation:
- H.R. 8188: Saving Access to Laboratory Services Act
- H.R. 8087: LEO Fair Retirement Act of 2022
- H.R. 7478: SAFE PLAY Act
- H.R. 7388: Offshore Wind American Manufacturing Act of 2022
- H.R. 7301: Protecting Survivors from Traumatic Brain Injury Act of 2022
- H.R. 6460: To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to modify the mandatory delay …
- H.R. 6192: High Rise Fire Sprinkler Incentive Act of 2021
Most legislation has no activity after being introduced.
From Jan 1997 to Sep 2022, Pascrell missed 611 of 16,571 roll call votes, which is 3.7%. This is worse than the median of 2.0% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: