He was previously the representative for Florida’s 15th congressional district as a Republican from 2009 to 2012.
Posey is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Posey has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to Nov 22, 2022. See full analysis methodology.
Bill Posey sits on the following committees:
Posey was the primary sponsor of 6 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 2726 (114th): Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Commemorative Coin Act
- H.R. 1478 (114th): Policyholder Protection Act of 2015
- H.R. 451 (113th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 500 North Brevard Avenue in Cocoa Beach, Florida, as the “Richard K. Salick Post Office”.
- H.R. 1726 (113th): To award a Congressional Gold Medal to the 65th Infantry Regiment, known as the Borinqueneers.
- H.R. 2338 (112th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 600 Florida Avenue in Cocoa, Florida, as the “Harry T. and Harriette Moore Post Office”.
- H.R. 4401 (112th): RACE for Space Act
Does 6 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Posey sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (28%) Taxation (19%) Health (13%) Transportation and Public Works (10%) Science, Technology, Communications (9%) Immigration (7%) Finance and Financial Sector (7%) Crime and Law Enforcement (6%)
Recently Introduced Bills
Posey recently introduced the following legislation:
- H.Res. 1358: Expressing support for the designation of the week of September 17 through September …
- H.Res. 1329: Recognizing the need for greater access to rural and agricultural media programming.
- H.R. 8701: Chiropractic Act of 2022
- H.Res. 1201: Expressing support for the designation of July 8th as “Collector Car Appreciation Day” …
- H.R. 7692: Senior Citizens Inflation Relief Act
- H.R. 7413: Immigration Enforcement Partnership Act of 2022
- H.Res. 1031: Impeaching Joseph R. Biden, President of the United States, for high crimes and …
Most legislation has no activity after being introduced.
From Jan 2009 to Nov 2022, Posey missed 221 of 8,871 roll call votes, which is 2.5%. This is on par with the median of 2.0% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: