Read our 2017 Report Card for Posey.
Posey is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Posey has sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Bill Posey sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Financial Services
- House Committee on Science, Space, and Technology
Posey was the primary sponsor of 6 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 2726 (114th): Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Commemorative Coin Act
- H.R. 1478 (114th): Policyholder Protection Act of 2015
- H.R. 451 (113th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 500 North Brevard Avenue in Cocoa Beach, Florida, as the “Richard K. Salick Post Office”.
- H.R. 1726 (113th): To award a Congressional Gold Medal to the 65th Infantry Regiment, known as the Borinqueneers.
- H.R. 2338 (112th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 600 Florida Avenue in Cocoa, Florida, as the “Harry T. and Harriette Moore Post Office”.
- H.R. 4401 (112th): RACE for Space Act
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Posey sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (24%) Finance and Financial Sector (22%) Health (15%) Science, Technology, Communications (15%) Law (7%) Immigration (7%) Crime and Law Enforcement (7%) Environmental Protection (4%)
Some of Posey’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6397: GIVING Act
- H.Res. 980: Expressing support for the designation of July 13 as Collector Car Appreciation Day ...
- H.R. 6303: Common Sense Maritime and Consumer Services Protection Act
- H.R. 6270: NEAR Act of 2018
- H.R. 5518: To amend the Public Health Service Act to establish a preference, in the ...
- H.R. 5469: To amend the Ethics in Government Act of 1978 to require Members of ...
- H.R. 5346: Commercial Space Support Vehicle Act
|Posey’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 1039: Probation Officer Protection Act of 2017
May 19, 2017. Passed 229/177.
H.R. 1039 amends the federal criminal code to authorize a probation officer to arrest a person, without warrant, if there is probable cause to believe that person forcibly assaulted or obstructed a probation officer while performing their official duties. The bill also would direct the ...
S. 612: A bill to designate the Federal building and United States courthouse located at 1300 Victoria Street in Laredo, Texas, as the “George P. Kazen Federal Building ...
Dec 8, 2016. Passed 360/61.
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed 312/119.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed 218/208.
This vote made H.R. 2146 the vehicle for passage of Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal currently being negotiated. H.R. 2146 was originally introduced as a bill to address issues with retirement funds of federal law enforcement officers and firefighters. ...
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act (H.R. 2048, Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection of ...
H.R. 83 (113th): Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015
Dec 11, 2014. Passed 219/206.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015 [pdf], which was approved by the House on December 11, 2014 and by the Senate on December 13, 2014. The bill was originally introduced on January 3, 2013 by ...
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
S. 1603 (113th): Gun Lake Trust Land Reaffirmation Act
Sep 16, 2014. Passed 359/64.
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
S. 3729 (111th): National Aeronautics and Space Administration Authorization Act of 2010
Sep 29, 2010. Passed 304/118.
From Jan 2009 to Jul 2018, Posey missed 145 of 6,879 roll call votes, which is 2.1%. This is on par with the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: