Our unique analysis of the bills Posey has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Posey is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Posey for more statistics.
Bill Posey sits on the following committees:
Posey sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Finance and Financial Sector (30%) Government Operations and Politics (21%) Health (13%) Science, Technology, Communications (11%) Armed Forces and National Security (11%) Crime and Law Enforcement (6%) Foreign Trade and International Finance (4%) Environmental Protection (4%)
Some of Posey’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5453: Bureau Advisory Opinion Act of 2016
- H.Con.Res. 113: Authorizing the use of Emancipation Hall in the Capitol Visitor Center for a ...
- H.R. 3393: Mortgage Fairness Act of 2015
- H.R. 3394: Clarifying Amendment to Provide Terrorism Victims Equity Act or the `CAPTIVE Act’.
- H.R. 3109: Common Sense Economic Recovery Act of 2015
- H.R. 2726: Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Commemorative Coin Act
- H.R. 2279: Seismic Moratorium Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2009 to Sep 2016, Posey missed 34 of 5,742 roll call votes, which is 0.6%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 3 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: