Our unique analysis of the bills Sali sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2008. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Sali is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Sali sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (22%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (17%) Taxation (13%) Law (13%) Environmental Protection (9%) Crime and Law Enforcement (9%) Energy (9%) Science, Technology, Communications (9%)
Some of Sali’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 7269 (110th): To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to exclude from gross ...
- H.Res. 1515 (110th): Amending the Rules of the House of Representatives to strengthen the point ...
- H.R. 7166 (110th): American Health Care Access Improvement, Portability, and Cost Reduction Act of 2008
- H.R. 6648 (110th): FERA Act of 2008
- H.Res. 1330 (110th): Commending the recent decision of the Supreme Court of the United States ...
- H.Con.Res. 386 (110th): Recognizing and celebrating the 232nd anniversary of the signing of the Declaration ...
- H.R. 6253 (110th): Always Think Freedom Act
|Sali’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 2638 (110th): Consolidated Security, Disaster Assistance, and Continuing Appropriations Act, 2009
Sep 24, 2008. Passed 370/58.
H.Res. 1284 (110th): Providing for consideration of the Senate amendments to the House amendments to the Senate amendment to the ...
Jun 19, 2008. Passed 342/83.
H.R. 5819 (110th): SBIR/STTR Reauthorization Act
Apr 23, 2008. Passed 368/43.
H.Res. 801 (110th): Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 3688) to implement the United States-Peru Trade Promotion Agreement.
Nov 7, 2007. Passed 349/55.
H.R. 1830 (110th): To extend the authorities of the Andean Trade Preference Act until February 29, 2008.
Jun 27, 2007. Passed 365/59.
From Jan 2007 to Dec 2008, Sali missed 23 of 1,876 roll call votes, which is 1.2%. This is better than the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2008. ProPublica has tracked 1 explanation for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: