Our unique analysis of the bills Schuette sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Schuette is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Some of Schuette’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5621 (101st): Farm and Forestry Energy Conservation Act of 1990
- H.R. 5398 (101st): Orchard Disaster Assistance Act of 1990
- H.R. 5349 (101st): To reform the budget process.
- H.J.Res. 629 (101st): To insure that Foreign Corporations pay their fair share of tax.
- H.R. 4883 (101st): To amend section 922 of Title 18, United States Code, to require ...
- H.Res. 397 (101st): To recognize the independence of Lithuania.
- H.R. 4820 (101st): Anti-Drug and Crime Initiatives Act of 1990
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1985 to Oct 1990, Schuette missed 249 of 2,727 roll call votes, which is 9.1%. This is worse than the median of 4.6% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Oct 1990. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills