Our unique analysis of the bills Shuster has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Shuster is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Shuster for more statistics.
Bill Shuster sits on the following committees:
- Chairman, House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure
House Committee on Armed Services
- Member, Subcommittee on Emerging Threats and Capabilities
Shuster sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Shuster’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5977: To direct the Secretary of Transportation to provide to the appropriate committees of ...
- H.Res. 818: Providing for the concurrence by the House in the Senate amendments to H.R. ...
- H.R. 5303: Water Resources Development Act of 2016
- H.R. 4721: Airport and Airway Extension Act of 2016
- H.R. 4441: Aviation Innovation, Reform, and Reauthorization Act of 2016
- H.R. 4058: Obamacare Full Disclosure Act
- H.R. 3996: Surface Transportation Extension Act of 2015, Part II
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Shuster’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed.
H.J.Res. 35: Making further continuing appropriations for fiscal year 2015, and for other purposes.
Feb 27, 2015. Failed.
From May 2001 to Dec 2016, Shuster missed 256 of 10,956 roll call votes, which is 2.3%. This is on par with the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 68 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: