Our unique analysis of the bills Evans sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into their position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Evans is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Some of Evans’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4786 (97th): Bankruptcy Improvements Act of 1981
- H.R. 4451 (97th): A bill for the relief of Major Ralph Edwards, United States Air ...
- H.R. 4352 (97th): A bill to amend the Controlled Substances Act to revise the penalties ...
- H.R. 4353 (97th): A bill to amend the Act entitled “An Act to establish a ...
- H.R. 4217 (97th): A bill to designate the building known as the Veterans’ Administration Medical ...
- H.R. 4072 (97th): A bill to provide for contribution of damages attributable to an agreement ...
- H.R. 3329 (97th): A bill to amend the appeals process for small business set-asides.
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1977 to Dec 1982, Evans missed 554 of 3,623 roll call votes, which is 15.3%. This is worse than the median of 7.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 1982. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills