Read our 2018 Report Card for Long.
Long is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Long has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Jun 18, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Billy Long sits on the following committees:
Long was the primary sponsor of 2 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 1894: To facilitate construction of a bridge on certain property in Christian County, Missouri, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 2452 (114th): To amend the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act with respect to facilitating dissemination of health care economic information.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Long sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Long’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 2132: To exempt certain structures from removal from Army Corps of Engineers property on ...
- H.R. 7126: To exempt certain structures from removal from Army Corps of Engineers property on ...
- H.R. 5275: Agricultural Certainty for Reporting Emissions Act
- H.R. 4828: CURD Act
- H.R. 4817: PEERING Act of 2018
- H.R. 4575: Access to Independent Health Insurance Advisors Act of 2017
- H.R. 4191: HHS Cybersecurity Modernization Act
From Jan 2011 to Jun 2019, Long missed 232 of 5,712 roll call votes, which is 4.1%. This is worse than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: