Our unique analysis of the bills Long has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Long is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Long for more statistics.
Billy Long sits on the following committees:
Long sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Long’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5182: Promoting Life-Saving New Therapies for Neonates Act of 2016
- H.R. 5068: HHS Data Protection Act
- H.R. 2479: To amend the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act to provide for the ...
- H.R. 2452: To amend the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act with respect to facilitating ...
- H.R. 815: Access to Professional Health Insurance Advisors Act of 2015
- H.R. 311: Adoption Promotion Act of 2015
- H.R. 310: Taxpayer Transparency Act of 2015
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2011 to Sep 2016, Long missed 110 of 4,069 roll call votes, which is 2.7%. This is on par with the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 89 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: