Read our 2016 Report Card for Luetkemeyer.
Our unique analysis of the bills Luetkemeyer has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Luetkemeyer is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Blaine Luetkemeyer sits on the following committees:
Luetkemeyer was the primary sponsor of 5 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 3700 (114th): Housing Opportunity Through Modernization Act of 2016
- H.R. 728 (114th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 7050 Highway BB in Cedar Hill, Missouri, as the “Sergeant First Class William B. Woods, ...
- H.R. 3329 (113th): To enhance the ability of community financial institutions to foster economic growth and serve their communities, boost small businesses, increase individual savings, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 4367 (112th): To amend the Electronic Fund Transfer Act to limit the fee disclosure requirement for an automatic teller machine to the screen of that machine.
- H.R. 2453 (112th): Mark Twain Commemorative Coin Act
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Luetkemeyer sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Finance and Financial Sector (52%) Government Operations and Politics (12%) Taxation (10%) Crime and Law Enforcement (6%) Environmental Protection (6%) Housing and Community Development (6%) International Affairs (6%)
Some of Luetkemeyer’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3648: Vested Employee Pension Benefit Protection Act
- H.R. 3312: Systemic Risk Designation Improvement Act of 2017
- H.R. 2706: Financial Institution Customer Protection Act of 2017
- H.R. 2565: To require the use of replacement cost value in determining the premium rates ...
- H.R. 2246: Taxpayer Exposure Mitigation Act of 2017
- H.R. 2134: Endangered Species Management Self-Determination Act
- H.R. 2133: CLEARR Act of 2017
|Luetkemeyer’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 1314: Trade Act of 2015
Oct 28, 2015. Passed 266/167.
This vote turned this bill into the Bipartisan Budget Act of 2015, by replacing the text of the bill in whole. H.R. 1314 was previously the Trade Act of 2015.
H.Res. 450: Providing for the consideration of the bill (H.R. 597) to reauthorize the Export-Import Bank of the United States, ...
Oct 27, 2015. Passed 275/154.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed 218/208.
This vote made H.R. 2146 the vehicle for passage of Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal currently being negotiated. H.R. 2146 was originally introduced as a bill to address issues with retirement funds of federal law enforcement officers and firefighters. ...
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act (H.R. 2048, Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection of ...
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
H.R. 6190 (112th): Asthma Inhalers Relief Act of 2012
Dec 12, 2012. Failed 229/182.
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
H.Con.Res. 308 (111th): Providing for a conditional adjournment of the House of Representatives.
Jul 29, 2010. Passed 231/189.
H.R. 2997 (111th): Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2010
Oct 7, 2009. Passed 263/162.
From Jan 2009 to Oct 2017, Luetkemeyer missed 59 of 6,358 roll call votes, which is 0.9%. This is better than the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 24 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: