He was previously the representative for Missouri’s 9th congressional district as a Republican from 2009 to 2012.
Read our 2018 Report Card for Luetkemeyer.
Luetkemeyer is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Luetkemeyer has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Jun 14, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Blaine Luetkemeyer sits on the following committees:
Luetkemeyer was the primary sponsor of 7 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 452 (115th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 324 West Saint Louis Street in Pacific, Missouri, as the “Specialist Jeffrey L. White, Jr. ...
- H.R. 3700 (114th): Housing Opportunity Through Modernization Act of 2016
- H.R. 728 (114th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 7050 Highway BB in Cedar Hill, Missouri, as the “Sergeant First Class William B. Woods, ...
- H.R. 432 (114th): SBIC Advisers Relief Act of 2015
- H.R. 3329 (113th): To enhance the ability of community financial institutions to foster economic growth and serve their communities, boost small businesses, increase individual savings, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 4367 (112th): To amend the Electronic Fund Transfer Act to limit the fee disclosure requirement for an automatic teller machine to the screen of that machine.
- H.R. 2453 (112th): Mark Twain Commemorative Coin Act
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Luetkemeyer sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Luetkemeyer’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 2724: Protecting Education Privacy Act
- H.R. 1881: No Tax Dollars for the United Nations Climate Agenda Act
- H.R. 1087: Providing Accountability Through Transparency Act of 2019
- H.R. 573: Protecting Life and Integrity in Research Act of 2019
- H.R. 469: To require the use of replacement cost value in determining the premium rates ...
- H.R. 472: Community Mapping Act
- H.R. 470: To repeal the mandatory flood insurance coverage requirement for commercial properties located in ...
From Jan 2009 to Jun 2019, Luetkemeyer missed 75 of 7,322 roll call votes, which is 1.0%. This is better than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: