He was previously the representative for Missouri’s 9th congressional district as a Republican from 2009 to 2012.
Read our 2017 Report Card for Luetkemeyer.
Luetkemeyer is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Luetkemeyer has sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Blaine Luetkemeyer sits on the following committees:
Luetkemeyer was the primary sponsor of 7 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 452: To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 324 West Saint Louis Street in Pacific, Missouri, as the “Specialist Jeffrey L. White, Jr. Post ...
- H.R. 3700 (114th): Housing Opportunity Through Modernization Act of 2016
- H.R. 728 (114th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 7050 Highway BB in Cedar Hill, Missouri, as the “Sergeant First Class William B. Woods, ...
- H.R. 432 (114th): SBIC Advisers Relief Act of 2015
- H.R. 3329 (113th): To enhance the ability of community financial institutions to foster economic growth and serve their communities, boost small businesses, increase individual savings, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 4367 (112th): To amend the Electronic Fund Transfer Act to limit the fee disclosure requirement for an automatic teller machine to the screen of that machine.
- H.R. 2453 (112th): Mark Twain Commemorative Coin Act
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Luetkemeyer sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Luetkemeyer’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6743: Consumer Information Notification Requirement Act
- H.R. 6603: Service Disabled Veteran Infrastructure Investment Parity Act
- H.R. 5224: Protecting Education Privacy Act
- H.R. 4659: To require the appropriate Federal banking agencies to recognize the exposure-reducing nature of ...
- H.R. 4296: To place requirements on operational risk capital requirements for banking organizations established by ...
- H.R. 4127: Mobile Mammography Promotion Act of 2017
- H.R. 3648: Vested Employee Pension Benefit Protection Act
|Luetkemeyer’s Vote||Vote Description|
S. 1182: The American Legion 100th Anniversary Commemorative Coin Act
Jul 25, 2018. Passed 366/52.
The House Amendment to S. 1182 extends the National Flood Insurance Program, which is set to expire July 31, 2018, through November 30, 2018. This amendment does not include any reforms to the program; it is only a short-term extension. The NFIP was originally set ...
H.R. 1314: Trade Act of 2015
Oct 28, 2015. Passed 266/167.
This vote turned this bill into the Bipartisan Budget Act of 2015, by replacing the text of the bill in whole. H.R. 1314 was previously the Trade Act of 2015.
H.Res. 450: Providing for the consideration of the bill (H.R. 597) to reauthorize the Export-Import Bank of the United States, ...
Oct 27, 2015. Passed 275/154.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed 218/208.
This vote made H.R. 2146 the vehicle for passage of Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal currently being negotiated. H.R. 2146 was originally introduced as a bill to address issues with retirement funds of federal law enforcement officers and firefighters. ...
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act (H.R. 2048, Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection of ...
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
H.R. 6190 (112th): Asthma Inhalers Relief Act of 2012
Dec 12, 2012. Failed 229/182.
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
H.Con.Res. 308 (111th): Providing for a conditional adjournment of the House of Representatives.
Jul 29, 2010. Passed 231/189.
H.R. 2997 (111th): Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2010
Oct 7, 2009. Passed 263/162.
From Jan 2009 to Sep 2018, Luetkemeyer missed 72 of 6,899 roll call votes, which is 1.0%. This is better than the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: