2015 Report CardRead our 2015 Report Card for Farenthold »
Our unique analysis of the bills Farenthold has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Farenthold is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Blake Farenthold sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on the Judiciary
- House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform
- House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure
Farenthold sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Farenthold’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4847: Correcting Unfair Benefits for Aliens Act of 2016
- H.R. 3282: Protecting Honest Fishermen Act of 2015
- H.R. 2951: JAWS Act
- H.R. 2745: Standard Merger and Acquisition Reviews Through Equal Rules Act of 2015
- H.R. 2628: Tax Exemptions for American Medalists Act of 2015
- H.R. 2304: Securing Participation, Engagement, and Knowledge Freedom by Reducing Egregious Efforts Act of 2015
- H.R. 2032: Government Spending Accountability Act of 2015
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2011 to May 2016, Farenthold missed 29 of 3,751 roll call votes, which is 0.8%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 16 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: