Our unique analysis of the bills Farenthold has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Farenthold is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Farenthold for more statistics.
Blake Farenthold sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on the Judiciary
- House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform
- House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure
Farenthold sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Transportation and Public Works (15%) Commerce (15%) Government Operations and Politics (15%) International Affairs (12%) Taxation (12%) Law (12%) Immigration (12%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (8%)
Some of Farenthold’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4847: CUBA Act of 2016
- H.R. 3282: Protecting Honest Fishermen Act of 2015
- H.R. 2951: JAWS Act
- H.R. 2745: Standard Merger and Acquisition Reviews Through Equal Rules Act of 2015
- H.R. 2628: TEAM Act
- H.R. 2304: SPEAK FREE Act of 2015
- H.R. 2032: GSA Act of 2015
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2011 to Jul 2016, Farenthold missed 31 of 3,991 roll call votes, which is 0.8%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 16 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: