Our unique analysis of the bills Lincoln sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the Senate in 2010. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Lincoln is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Lincoln was the primary sponsor of 8 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- S. 3307 (111th): Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010
- S. 3656 (111th): Mandatory Price Reporting Act of 2010
- S. 1650 (111th): Healthy Food for Healthy Schools Act of 2009
- S. 2228 (109th): A bill to designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 2404 Race Street, Jonesboro, Arkansas, as the “Hattie W. Caraway Post Office”.
- S. 33 (108th): A bill to authorize the Secretary of Agriculture to sell or exchange all or part of certain administrative sites and other land in the Ozark-St. Francis and ...
- S. 1537 (108th): A bill to direct the Secretary of Agriculture to convey to the New Hope Cemetery Association certain land in the State of Arkansas for use as a ...
- H.R. 657 (104th): To extend the deadline under the Federal Power Act applicable to the construction of three hydroelectric projects in the State of Arkansas.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Lincoln sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Lincoln’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 3875 (111th): Honor America’s Guard-Reserve Retirees Act
- S. 3915 (111th): Medicare Rural Physician Recruitment and Retention Act of 2010
- S. 3850 (111th): Hunting, Fishing and Recreational Shooting Protection Act
- S.Res. 651 (111th): A resolution recognizing the 20th anniversary of the designation of the month ...
- S. 3838 (111th): A bill to appropriate funds for the final settlement of lawsuits against ...
- S. 3819 (111th): A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to reduce ...
- S.Res. 631 (111th): A resolution designating the week beginning on November 8, 2010, as National ...
From Jan 1999 to Dec 2010, Lincoln missed 77 of 3,978 roll call votes, which is 1.9%. This is on par with the median of 2.0% among the lifetime records of senators serving in Dec 2010. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: