Our unique analysis of the bills Etheridge sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2010. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Etheridge is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Etheridge sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Foreign Trade and International Finance (37%) Government Operations and Politics (13%) Economics and Public Finance (11%) Law (11%) Emergency Management (11%) Finance and Financial Sector (8%) Water Resources Development (5%) Agriculture and Food (5%)
Some of Etheridge’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6328 (111th): Used Oil Re-Refining Tax Credit Act of 2010
- H.Res. 1693 (111th): Honoring the 15th anniversary of the AbilityOne Base Supply Centers.
- H.Res. 1364 (111th): Honoring the historic and community significance of the Chatham County Courthouse and ...
- H.Res. 1274 (111th): Honoring the historic and community significance of the Chatham County Courthouse and ...
- H.R. 4437 (111th): HIRING Act of 2010
- H.R. 4136 (111th): To extend the temporary duty suspensions on certain cotton shirting fabrics, and ...
- H.R. 3150 (111th): To require the Secretary of Agriculture to use section 32 of the ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1997 to Dec 2010, Etheridge missed 103 of 9,363 roll call votes, which is 1.1%. This is better than the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2010. ProPublica has tracked 33 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: