Franks was the representative for New Jersey’s 7th congressional district and was a Republican. He served from 1993 to 2000.
Franks is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2000 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Franks sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Franks was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Franks sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (24%) Law (15%) Economics and Public Finance (13%) Science, Technology, Communications (12%) Commerce (11%) Labor and Employment (9%) Crime and Law Enforcement (9%) Families (8%)
Some of Franks’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 623 (106th): Regarding the adoption of Resolution 1322 by the Security Council of the ...
- H.R. 5252 (106th): Release Our Reserve Now Act
- H.R. 5227 (106th): 21st Century Community Learning Centers Act
- H.R. 4849 (106th): Pipeline Safety Improvement Act of 2000
- H.R. 4519 (106th): Baylee’s Law
- H.R. 4433 (106th): Charitable Contribution Tax Relief Act of 2000
- H.R. 4076 (106th): Cybermolesters Enforcement Act of 2000
From Jan 1993 to Dec 2000, Franks missed 245 of 4,863 roll call votes, which is 5.0%. This is worse than the median of 3.0% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2000. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: