Our unique analysis of the bills Gibbs has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Gibbs is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Gibbs for more statistics.
Bob Gibbs sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure
- House Committee on Agriculture
Gibbs sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Gibbs’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6182: Water Quality Improvement Act of 2016
- H.R. 3093: Correct the Safety Analysis Act
- H.R. 897: Zika Vector Control Act
- H.R. 896: Regulatory Certainty Act of 2015
- H.R. 578: Recreational Lands Self-Defense Act of 2015
- H.R. 437: To provide for the retention of the name of Mount McKinley.
- H.R. 4854 (113th): Regulatory Certainty Act of 2014
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Gibbs’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 5147: Bathrooms Accessible in Every Situation (BABIES) Act
Sep 21, 2016. Passed.
S. 1252: Global Food Security Act of 2016
Jul 6, 2016. Passed.
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed.
H.J.Res. 35: Making further continuing appropriations for fiscal year 2015, and for other purposes.
Feb 27, 2015. Failed.
From Jan 2011 to Sep 2016, Gibbs missed 32 of 4,087 roll call votes, which is 0.8%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: