Our unique analysis of the bills Inglis sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2010. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Inglis is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Inglis was the primary sponsor of 2 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 5546 (109th): To designate the United States courthouse to be constructed in Greenville, South Carolina, as the “Carroll A. Campbell, Jr. United States Courthouse”.
- H.J.Res. 193 (104th): Granting the consent of Congress to the Emergency Management Assistance Compact.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Inglis sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Inglis’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4143 (111th): To suspend temporarily the duty on silver sodium hydrogen zirconium phosphate.
- H.Res. 714 (111th): Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that any interest or ...
- H.Res. 639 (111th): Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that any interest or ...
- H.R. 2380 (111th): Raise Wages, Cut Carbon Act of 2009
- H.R. 5297 (110th): To suspend temporarily the duty on certain tirebuilding machines used in the ...
- H.R. 5322 (110th): To liquidate or reliquidate certain entries of truck tires.
- H.R. 5319 (110th): To provide for the liquidation or reliquidation of entries of certain manufacturing ...
|Inglis’s Vote||Vote Description|
S. 3729 (111th): National Aeronautics and Space Administration Authorization Act of 2010
Sep 29, 2010. Passed 304/118.
H.R. 2638 (110th): Consolidated Security, Disaster Assistance, and Continuing Appropriations Act, 2009
Sep 24, 2008. Passed 370/58.
H.R. 6532 (110th): To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to restore the Highway Trust Fund balance.
Jul 23, 2008. Passed 387/37.
H.Res. 1284 (110th): Providing for consideration of the Senate amendments to the House amendments to the Senate amendment to the ...
Jun 19, 2008. Passed 342/83.
H.R. 1830 (110th): To extend the authorities of the Andean Trade Preference Act until February 29, 2008.
Jun 27, 2007. Passed 365/59.
From Jan 1993 to Dec 2010, Inglis missed 244 of 8,394 roll call votes, which is 2.9%. This is on par with the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2010. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: