Our unique analysis of the bills Riley sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2002. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Riley is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Riley was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Riley sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (23%) Labor and Employment (16%) Law (14%) Economics and Public Finance (11%) Armed Forces and National Security (9%) Crime and Law Enforcement (9%) Transportation and Public Works (9%) Education (9%)
Some of Riley’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Con.Res. 430 (107th): Expressing the sense of Congress with respect to the Pledge of Allegiance.
- H.Con.Res. 377 (107th): Expressing the sense of Congress regarding the establishment by the Hyundai Motor ...
- H.R. 3252 (107th): National Junior College for Deaf and Blind at the Alabama Institute for ...
- H.R. 2413 (107th): Military Spouse Employment Assistance Act of 2001
- H.R. 241 (107th): Congressional Pay Integrity and Accountability Act of 2001
- H.R. 240 (107th): To ensure that certain property which was taken into trust by the ...
- H.R. 159 (107th): Armed Services Voting Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1997 to Nov 2002, Riley missed 398 of 3,397 roll call votes, which is 11.7%. This is much worse than the median of 2.8% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Nov 2002. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: