Rep. Bobby Bright
Former Representative for Alabama’s 2nd District
Bright was the representative for Alabama’s 2nd congressional district and was a Democrat. He served from 2009 to 2010.
Bright is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2010 positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Bright sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 4, 2005 to Dec 21, 2010. See full analysis methodology.
Bright sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Recently Introduced Bills
Bright recently introduced the following legislation:
- H.R. 5489 (111th): To amend section 14102(a)(1)(A) of title 40, United States Code, to provide …
- H.R. 5183 (111th): To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to extend the first-time …
- H.J.Res. 78 (111th): Proposing a balanced budget amendment to the Constitution of the United States.
- H.R. 4655 (111th): Small Business Expansion and Job Creation Act of 2010
- H.R. 4334 (111th): Protect Those Who Serve Act
- H.R. 4309 (111th): Small Business Start-up Savings Accounts Act of 2009
- H.R. 3825 (111th): Helping Homebuyers Act of 2009
Most legislation has no activity after being introduced.
From Jan 2009 to Dec 2010, Bright missed 64 of 1,655 roll call votes, which is 3.9%. This is on par with the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2010. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses, major life events, and running for higher office.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: