Our unique analysis of the bills Bright sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2010. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Bright is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Bright sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Bright’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5489 (111th): To amend section 14102(a)(1)(A) of title 40, United States Code, to provide ...
- H.R. 5183 (111th): To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to extend the first-time ...
- H.J.Res. 78 (111th): Proposing a balanced budget amendment to the Constitution of the United States.
- H.R. 4655 (111th): Small Business Expansion and Job Creation Act of 2010
- H.R. 4334 (111th): Protect Those Who Serve Act
- H.R. 4309 (111th): Small Business Start-up Savings Accounts Act of 2009
- H.R. 3825 (111th): Helping Homebuyers Act of 2009
|Bright’s Vote||Vote Description|
S. 3729 (111th): National Aeronautics and Space Administration Authorization Act of 2010
Sep 29, 2010. Passed 304/118.
H.Con.Res. 308 (111th): Providing for a conditional adjournment of the House of Representatives.
Jul 29, 2010. Passed 231/189.
H.Res. 1137 (111th): Providing for consideration of the Senate amendment to the bill (H.R. 2847) making appropriations for the Departments ...
Mar 4, 2010. Passed 212/209.
H.R. 2918 (111th): Legislative Branch Appropriations Act, 2010
Jun 19, 2009. Passed 232/178.
H.R. 31 (111th): Lumbee Recognition Act
Jun 3, 2009. Passed 240/179.
From Jan 2009 to Dec 2010, Bright missed 64 of 1,655 roll call votes, which is 3.9%. This is on par with the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2010. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: