Read our 2016 Report Card for Rush.
Our unique analysis of the bills Rush has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Rush is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Bobby Rush sits on the following committees:
Rush was the primary sponsor of 7 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 6496 (111th): To require reports on the management of Arlington National Cemetery.
- H.R. 4040 (110th): Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act of 2008
- H.R. 2474 (110th): Product Safety Civil Penalties Improvement Act
- H.R. 1285 (109th): Nursing Relief for Disadvantaged Areas Reauthorization Act of 2005
- H.R. 3340 (108th): To redesignate the facilities of the United States Postal Service located at 7715 and 7748 S. Cottage Grove Avenue in Chicago, Illinois, as the “James E. Worsham ...
- H.R. 3909 (106th): A bill to designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 4601 South Cottage Grove Avenue in Chicago, Illinois, as the “Henry W. McGee ...
- H.R. 441 (106th): Nursing Relief for Disadvantaged Areas Act of 1999
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Rush sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Commerce (23%) Crime and Law Enforcement (23%) Science, Technology, Communications (18%) Health (8%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (8%) Labor and Employment (8%) Environmental Protection (8%) International Affairs (8%)
Some of Rush’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 1272: Cold Case Record Collections Act of 2017
- H.R. 1213: Laquan McDonald Camera Act of 2017
- H.R. 1184: Family Telephone Connection Protection Act of 2017
- H.R. 1055: Commission to Study Family Reconstruction Proposals for African-Americans Unjustly Impacted by the `War ...
- H.R. 810: Hadiya Pendleton and Nyasia Pryear-Yard Stop Illegal Trafficking in Firearms Act of 2017
- H.R. 338: To promote a 21st century energy and manufacturing workforce.
- H.R. 6484 (114th): Commission to Study Family Reconstruction Proposals for African-Americans Unjustly Impacted by the ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Rush’s Vote||Vote Description|
S. 612: A bill to designate the Federal building and United States courthouse located at 1300 Victoria Street in Laredo, Texas, as the “George P. Kazen Federal Building ...
Dec 8, 2016. Passed 360/61.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed 218/208.
This vote made H.R. 2146 the vehicle for passage of Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal currently being negotiated. H.R. 2146 was originally introduced as a bill to address issues with retirement funds of federal law enforcement officers and firefighters. ...
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act (H.R. 2048, Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection of ...
H.R. 83 (113th): Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015
Dec 11, 2014. Passed 219/206.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015 [pdf], which was approved by the House on December 11, 2014 and by the Senate on December 13, 2014. The bill was originally introduced on January 3, 2013 by ...
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
H.J.Res. 117 (112th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2013
Sep 13, 2012. Passed 329/91.
H.R. 6233 (112th): Agricultural Disaster Assistance Act of 2012
Aug 2, 2012. Passed 223/197.
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
From Jan 1993 to Mar 2017, Rush missed 2,722 of 16,140 roll call votes, which is 16.9%. This is much worse than the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 408 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: