Read our 2016 Report Card for Watson Coleman.
Our unique analysis of the bills Watson Coleman has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Watson Coleman is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Bonnie Watson Coleman sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Homeland Security
- Ranking Member, Subcommittee on Transportation and Protective Security
- Member, Subcommittee on Emergency Preparedness, Response, and Communications
- House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform
Watson Coleman sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Watson Coleman’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 447: Directing the Secretary of Homeland Security to transmit certain documents to the House ...
- H.R. 2745: Healthy MOM Act
- H.R. 2649: Safer Pipelines Act of 2017
- H.R. 2302: To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 259 ...
- H.R. 1297: Quadrennial Homeland Security Review Technical Corrections Act of 2017
- H.R. 347: DHS Acquisition Documentation Integrity Act of 2017
- H.R. 6525 (114th): Lead-free Students Act
|Watson Coleman’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 1695: Register of Copyrights Selection and Accountability Act of 2017
Apr 26, 2017. Passed 378/48.
This bill would change the appointment process for the head of the U.S. Copyright Office, known as the Register of Copyrights. Currently the Register of Copyrights is hired by the Librarian of Congress (who is the head of the Library of Congress). This bill would ...
H.R. 4127: Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2016
Dec 1, 2015. Passed 364/58.
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed 312/119.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed 218/208.
This vote made H.R. 2146 the vehicle for passage of Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal currently being negotiated. H.R. 2146 was originally introduced as a bill to address issues with retirement funds of federal law enforcement officers and firefighters. ...
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act (H.R. 2048, Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection of ...
From Jan 2015 to Jul 2017, Watson Coleman missed 18 of 1,734 roll call votes, which is 1.0%. This is better than the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: