Our unique analysis of the bills Watson Coleman has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Watson Coleman is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Watson Coleman for more statistics.
Bonnie Watson Coleman sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Homeland Security
- Ranking Member, Subcommittee on Oversight and Management Efficiency
- Member, Subcommittee on Emergency Preparedness, Response, and Communications
- House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform
Watson Coleman sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Watson Coleman’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6293: Fair Salary History Alternatives for Responsible Employment Act of 2016
- H.R. 6173: Transit Tax Credit Act of 2016
- H.R. 6163: Federal Benefits Fairness and Restoration Act of 2016
- H.R. 6113: End For-Profit Prisons Act of 2016
- H.R. 5630: Safer Pipelines Act of 2016
- H.R. 5586: Customer Non-Discrimination Act
- H.R. 5385: Quadrennial Homeland Security Review Technical Correction Act of 2016
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Watson Coleman’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 4127: Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2016
Dec 1, 2015. Passed.
S. 1356: A bill to clarify that certain provisions of the Border Patrol Agent Pay Reform Act of 2014 will ...
Nov 5, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2596: Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2016
Jun 16, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed.
H.Res. 162: Calling on the President to provide Ukraine with military assistance to defend its sovereignty and territorial integrity.
Mar 23, 2015. Passed.
H.J.Res. 35: Making further continuing appropriations for fiscal year 2015, and for other purposes.
Feb 27, 2015. Failed.
From Jan 2015 to Dec 2016, Watson Coleman missed 15 of 1,311 roll call votes, which is 1.1%. This is better than the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: