Read our 2016 Report Card for Watson Coleman.
Our unique analysis of the bills Watson Coleman has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Watson Coleman is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Bonnie Watson Coleman sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Homeland Security
- Ranking Member, Subcommittee on Transportation and Protective Security
- Member, Subcommittee on Emergency Preparedness, Response, and Communications
- House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform
Watson Coleman sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Watson Coleman’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 2745: To amend title XXVII of the Public Health Service Act to provide for ...
- H.R. 2649: To require the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission to apply certain procedures before granting ...
- H.R. 2302: To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 259 ...
- H.R. 1297: Quadrennial Homeland Security Review Technical Corrections Act of 2017
- H.R. 347: DHS Acquisition Documentation Integrity Act of 2017
- H.R. 6525 (114th): Lead-free Students Act
- H.R. 6293 (114th): Fair Salary History Alternatives for Responsible Employment Act of 2016
|Watson Coleman’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 1039: Probation Officer Protection Act of 2017
May 19, 2017. Passed 229/177.
H.R. 1039 amends the federal criminal code to authorize a probation officer to arrest a person, without warrant, if there is probable cause to believe that person forcibly assaulted or obstructed a probation officer while performing their official duties. The bill also would direct the ...
H.R. 1695: Register of Copyrights Selection and Accountability Act of 2017
Apr 26, 2017. Passed 378/48.
This bill would change the appointment process for the head of the U.S. Copyright Office, known as the Register of Copyrights. Currently the Register of Copyrights is hired by the Librarian of Congress (who is the head of the Library of Congress). This bill would ...
H.R. 4127: Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2016
Dec 1, 2015. Passed 364/58.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed 218/208.
This vote made H.R. 2146 the vehicle for passage of Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal currently being negotiated. H.R. 2146 was originally introduced as a bill to address issues with retirement funds of federal law enforcement officers and firefighters. ...
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act (H.R. 2048, Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection of ...
From Jan 2015 to May 2017, Watson Coleman missed 18 of 1,610 roll call votes, which is 1.1%. This is better than the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: