Read our 2020 Report Card for Watson Coleman.
Watson Coleman is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Watson Coleman has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to Jul 30, 2021. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Bonnie Watson Coleman sits on the following committees:
Watson Coleman was the primary sponsor of 2 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 6461 (115th): TSA National Deployment Force Act
- H.R. 2302 (115th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 259 Nassau Street, Suite 2 in Princeton, New Jersey, as the “Dr. John F. Nash, ...
Does 2 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Watson Coleman sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Crime and Law Enforcement (25%) Taxation (20%) Health (19%) Government Operations and Politics (12%) Labor and Employment (7%) Civil Rights and Liberties, Minority Issues (6%) Transportation and Public Works (6%) Finance and Financial Sector (6%)
Some of Watson Coleman’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4902: To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to treat diapers as qualified ...
- H.R. 4429: Semiquincentennial Commemorative Coin Act
- H.R. 4342: Guaranteed Income Pilot Program Act of 2021
- H.R. 4166: SHADE Act
- H.R. 4020: Drug Policy Reform Act of 2021
- H.R. 3740: Handgun Licensing and Registration Act of 2021
- H.R. 3288: Filer Voter Act
From Jan 2015 to Jul 2021, Watson Coleman missed 44 of 3,743 roll call votes, which is 1.2%. This is better than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: