Ashford, a Democrat, was the representative for Nebraska’s 2nd congressional district from 2015 to 2016.
Read our 2016 Report Card for Ashford.
Ashford was the primary sponsor of 2 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 5099 (114th): Communities Helping Invest through Property and Improvements Needed for Veterans Act of 2016
- H.R. 4975 (114th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 5720 South 142nd Street in Omaha, Nebraska, as the “Petty Officer 1st Class Caleb A. ...
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Ashford sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Ashford’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5993 (114th): CAN Act
- H.R. 5355 (114th): VOLT Act of 2016
- H.R. 5099 (114th): Communities Helping Invest through Property and Improvements Needed for Veterans Act of ...
- H.R. 5022 (114th): HIRED Act
- H.R. 4975 (114th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at ...
- H.J.Res. 83 (114th): Proposing a balanced budget amendment to the Constitution of the United States.
- H.Con.Res. 116 (114th): Condemning North Korea’s February 6, 2016, long-range rocket launch and North Korea’s ...
|Ashford’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed 312/119.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed 218/208.
This vote made H.R. 2146 the vehicle for passage of Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal currently being negotiated. H.R. 2146 was originally introduced as a bill to address issues with retirement funds of federal law enforcement officers and firefighters. ...
H.R. 2596: Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2016
Jun 16, 2015. Passed 247/178.
The Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2016 (IAA), H.R. 2596, was passed by the House on June 16. The IAA would authorize funding for intelligence-related agencies such as the Central Intelligence Agency, National Security Agency, and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. It was passed ...
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act (H.R. 2048, Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection of ...
H.J.Res. 35: Making further continuing appropriations for fiscal year 2015, and for other purposes.
Feb 27, 2015. Failed 203/224.
From Jan 2015 to Dec 2016, Ashford missed 14 of 1,325 roll call votes, which is 1.1%. This is better than the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2016. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: