Ellsworth, a Democrat, was the representative for Indiana’s 8th congressional district from 2007 to 2010.
Ellsworth is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2010 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Ellsworth sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Ellsworth was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Ellsworth sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Ellsworth’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6159 (111th): To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to allow a credit ...
- H.R. 5664 (111th): High-Risk Pool Fairness Act
- H.R. 5168 (111th): To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to extend the first-time ...
- H.R. 4680 (111th): Jobs Momentum Act of 2010
- H.R. 4104 (111th): Emergency Responders Highway Safety Act of 2009
- H.R. 3737 (111th): Small Business Microlending Expansion Act of 2009
- H.R. 3418 (111th): Medicare Prescription Drug Cost Equalization Act
|Ellsworth’s Vote||Vote Description|
S. 3729 (111th): National Aeronautics and Space Administration Authorization Act of 2010
Sep 29, 2010. Passed 304/118.
H.Con.Res. 308 (111th): Providing for a conditional adjournment of the House of Representatives.
Jul 29, 2010. Passed 231/189.
H.R. 31 (111th): Lumbee Recognition Act
Jun 3, 2009. Passed 240/179.
H.R. 1575 (111th): End Government Reimbursement of Excessive Executive Disbursements (End GREED) Act
Apr 1, 2009. Failed 223/196.
H.R. 1830 (110th): To extend the authorities of the Andean Trade Preference Act until February 29, 2008.
Jun 27, 2007. Passed 365/59.
From Jan 2007 to Dec 2010, Ellsworth missed 75 of 3,531 roll call votes, which is 2.1%. This is better than the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2010. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- @unitedstates/congress-legislators, a community project gathering congressional information
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills