Our unique analysis of the bills Ellsworth sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2010. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Ellsworth is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Ellsworth sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Ellsworth’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6159 (111th): To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to allow a credit ...
- H.R. 5664 (111th): High-Risk Pool Fairness Act
- H.R. 5168 (111th): To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to extend the first-time ...
- H.R. 4680 (111th): Jobs Momentum Act of 2010
- H.R. 4104 (111th): Emergency Responders Highway Safety Act of 2009
- H.R. 3737 (111th): Small Business Microlending Expansion Act of 2009
- H.R. 3418 (111th): Medicare Prescription Drug Cost Equalization Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2007 to Dec 2010, Ellsworth missed 75 of 3,531 roll call votes, which is 2.1%. This is better than the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2010. ProPublica has tracked 14 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills