Read our 2018 Report Card for Wenstrup.
Wenstrup is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Wenstrup has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to May 24, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Brad Wenstrup sits on the following committees:
House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence
- Ranking Member, Subcommittee on Defense Intelligence and Warfighter Support
- Member, Subcommittee on Counterterrorism, Counterintelligence, and Counterproliferation
- House Committee on Ways and Means
Wenstrup was the primary sponsor of 6 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 1658: To amend title 38, United States Code, to clarify the grade and pay of podiatrists of the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- H.R. 1058: VA Provider Equity Act
- H.R. 2257: Guard and Reservists Education Improvement Act
- H.R. 1367 (115th): To improve the authority of the Secretary of Veterans Affairs to hire and retain physicians and other employees of the Department of Veterans Affairs, and for other ...
- H.R. 6114 (114th): Charles Duncan Buried with Honor Act of 2016
- H.R. 475 (114th): GI Bill Processing Improvement Act of 2015
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Wenstrup sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Wenstrup’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3017: To amend parts B and E of title IV of the Social Security ...
- H.R. 2045: To amend title 38, United States Code, to establish in the Department the ...
- H.R. 1805: Tomb of the Unknown Soldier Centennial Commemorative Coin Act
- H.R. 1658: To amend title 38, United States Code, to clarify the grade and pay ...
- H.R. 1413: WORK Act
- H.R. 6661: Charitable Equity for Veterans Act of 2018
- H.R. 6635: Tomb of the Unknown Soldier Centennial Commemorative Coin Act
From Jan 2013 to May 2019, Wenstrup missed 75 of 3,970 roll call votes, which is 1.9%. This is on par with the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: