Read our 2016 Report Card for Wenstrup.
Our unique analysis of the bills Wenstrup has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Wenstrup is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Brad Wenstrup sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Veterans' Affairs
- House Committee on Armed Services
House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence
- Member, Subcommittee on Department of Defense Intelligence and Overhead Architecture
- Member, Subcommittee on Emerging Threats
Wenstrup was the primary sponsor of 3 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 6114 (114th): Charles Duncan Buried with Honor Act of 2016
- H.R. 3016 (114th): Veterans Employment, Education, and Healthcare Improvement Act
- H.R. 475 (114th): GI Bill Processing Improvement Act of 2015
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Wenstrup sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Wenstrup’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3190: For the relief of Christopher William Gard, Constance Rhoda Keely Yates, and Charles ...
- H.R. 2257: Guard and Reservists Education Improvement Act
- H.R. 2077: Restoring the Patient’s Voice Act of 2017
- H.R. 1662: To amend title 38, United States Code, to prohibit smoking in any facility ...
- H.R. 1367: To improve the authority of the Secretary of Veterans Affairs to hire and ...
- H.R. 1298: CT Colonography Screening for Colorectal Cancer Act of 2017
- H.R. 1058: To amend title 38, United States Code, to clarify the role of podiatrists ...
|Wenstrup’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 985: Concrete Masonry Products Research, Education, and Promotion Act of 2015
Nov 14, 2016. Passed 355/38.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed 218/208.
This vote made H.R. 2146 the vehicle for passage of Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal currently being negotiated. H.R. 2146 was originally introduced as a bill to address issues with retirement funds of federal law enforcement officers and firefighters. ...
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act (H.R. 2048, Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection of ...
H.R. 33: Protecting Volunteer Firefighters and Emergency Responders Act
Feb 27, 2015. Passed 357/60.
This bill was the vehicle for the passage of continuing appropriations. This bill started out as the Protecting Volunteer Firefighters and Emergency Responders Act. It was passed by the House in this form. But on Feb 27, 2015 the Senate struck its text in whole ...
H.J.Res. 35: Making further continuing appropriations for fiscal year 2015, and for other purposes.
Feb 27, 2015. Failed 203/224.
H.R. 83 (113th): Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015
Dec 11, 2014. Passed 219/206.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015 [pdf], which was approved by the House on December 11, 2014 and by the Senate on December 13, 2014. The bill was originally introduced on January 3, 2013 by ...
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
H.R. 2642 (113th): Agriculture Reform, Food, and Jobs Act of 2013
Jan 29, 2014. Passed 251/166.
H.R. 1947 (113th): Federal Agriculture Reform and Risk Management Act of 2013
Jun 20, 2013. Failed 195/234.
H.R. 1765 (113th): Reducing Flight Delays Act of 2013
Apr 26, 2013. Passed 361/41.
From Jan 2013 to Jul 2017, Wenstrup missed 35 of 2,964 roll call votes, which is 1.2%. This is better than the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 12 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: