Read our 2019 Report Card for Wenstrup.
Wenstrup is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Wenstrup has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Nov 27, 2020. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Brad Wenstrup sits on the following committees:
Wenstrup was the primary sponsor of 6 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 1658: To amend title 38, United States Code, to clarify the grade and pay of podiatrists of the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- H.R. 1058 (115th): VA Provider Equity Act
- H.R. 2257 (115th): Guard and Reservists Education Improvement Act
- H.R. 1367 (115th): To improve the authority of the Secretary of Veterans Affairs to hire and retain physicians and other employees of the Department of Veterans Affairs, and for other ...
- H.R. 6114 (114th): Charles Duncan Buried with Honor Act of 2016
- H.R. 475 (114th): GI Bill Processing Improvement Act of 2015
Does 6 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Wenstrup sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Wenstrup’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 8624: Protecting Access to Innovation During COVID-19 Act
- H.R. 8278: Show Your Exemption Act
- H.R. 7767: To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to provide for credits against ...
- H.R. 7666: Family Savings Flexibility Act
- H.Res. 1016: Recognizing the 3rd anniversary of the passing of Otto Frederick Warmbier and condemning ...
- H.R. 7008: Family Savings Flexibility Act
- H.R. 6732: To direct the Secretary of the Treasury to modify certain regulations relating to ...
From Jan 2013 to Nov 2020, Wenstrup missed 80 of 4,667 roll call votes, which is 1.7%. This is on par with the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: