Our unique analysis of the bills Lawrence has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Lawrence is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Lawrence for more statistics.
Brenda Lawrence sits on the following committees:
Lawrence sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Lawrence’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6127: To amend the Safe Drinking Water Act to require the improvement of consumer ...
- H.Res. 880: Expressing support for a uniform adoption process of children from foster care and ...
- H.R. 5543: Environmental Health Workforce Act of 2016
- H.R. 5028: To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 10721 ...
- H.R. 4415: Early Pell Promise Act
- H.R. 4295: To require the Administrator of the Federal Aviation Administration to increase the rest ...
- H.R. 4068: Promote Startups Act of 2015
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2015 to Sep 2016, Lawrence missed 26 of 1,266 roll call votes, which is 2.1%. This is on par with the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: