Our unique analysis of the bills Lawrence has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Lawrence is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Lawrence for more statistics.
Brenda Lawrence sits on the following committees:
Lawrence sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Lawrence’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6210: Raising Accountability to Improve School Excellence Act
- H.R. 6127: To amend the Safe Drinking Water Act to require the improvement of consumer ...
- H.Res. 880: Expressing support for a uniform adoption process of children from foster care and ...
- H.R. 5543: Environmental Health Workforce Act of 2016
- H.R. 5028: To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 10721 ...
- H.R. 4415: Early Pell Promise Act
- H.R. 4295: To require the Administrator of the Federal Aviation Administration to increase the rest ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Lawrence’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 5325: Legislative Branch Appropriations Act, 2017
Sep 28, 2016. Passed.
H.R. 1599: Safe and Accurate Food Labeling Act of 2015
Jul 23, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed.
H.Res. 162: Calling on the President to provide Ukraine with military assistance to defend its sovereignty and territorial integrity.
Mar 23, 2015. Passed.
H.J.Res. 35: Making further continuing appropriations for fiscal year 2015, and for other purposes.
Feb 27, 2015. Failed.
H.R. 636: America’s Small Business Tax Relief Act of 2015
Feb 13, 2015. Passed.
From Jan 2015 to Sep 2016, Lawrence missed 26 of 1,277 roll call votes, which is 2.0%. This is on par with the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: