Our unique analysis of the bills Guthrie has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Guthrie is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Guthrie for more statistics.
Brett Guthrie sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Education and the Workforce
- House Committee on Energy and Commerce
Guthrie sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Guthrie’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5966: A bill to convey certain locks and dams.
- H.R. 5580: Save America’s Pastime Act
- H.R. 5315: CLEAR Act of 2016
- H.R. 5109: CLEAR Act
- H.R. 4984: To amend title 10, United States Code, to permit the Secretary of the ...
- H.R. 3682: Reducing Employer Burdens, Unleashing Innovation, and Labor Development Act of 2015
- H.R. 3179: Empowering Students Through Enhanced Financial Counseling Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Guthrie’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 1314: Trade Act of 2015
Oct 28, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed.
H.J.Res. 35: Making further continuing appropriations for fiscal year 2015, and for other purposes.
Feb 27, 2015. Failed.
From Jan 2009 to Sep 2016, Guthrie missed 50 of 5,742 roll call votes, which is 0.9%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 31 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: