Read our 2019 Report Card for Guthrie.
Guthrie is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Guthrie has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Sep 18, 2020. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Brett Guthrie sits on the following committees:
Guthrie was the primary sponsor of 8 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- H.R. 302 (115th): FAA Reauthorization Act of 2018
- H.R. 6042 (115th): To amend title XIX of the Social Security Act to delay the reduction in Federal medical assistance percentage for Medicaid personal care services furnished without an electronic ...
- H.R. 4256 (115th): BOLD Infrastructure for Alzheimer’s Act
- H.R. 1808 (115th): Improving Support for Missing and Exploited Children Act of 2017
- H.J.Res. 58 (115th): Providing for congressional disapproval under chapter 8 of title 5, United States Code, of the rule submitted by the Department of Education relating to teacher preparation issues.
- H.R. 1046 (115th): Concrete Masonry Products Research, Education, and Promotion Act of 2017
- H.R. 1624 (114th): Protecting Affordable Coverage for Employees Act
Does 8 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Guthrie sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Guthrie’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 7635: To direct the Secretary of Labor to award grants to develop, administer, and ...
- H.R. 7353: TRUSTED Broadband Networks Act
- H.R. 6938: Advancing Blockchain Act
- H.R. 6937: Countering Online Harms Act
- H.R. 5758: Ceiling Fan Improvement Act of 2020
- H.R. 5663: Safeguarding Therapeutics Act
- H.R. 2129: Empowering Students Through Enhanced Financial Counseling Act
From Jan 2009 to Sep 2020, Guthrie missed 65 of 7,896 roll call votes, which is 0.8%. This is better than the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: