Read our 2020 Report Card for Guthrie.
Guthrie is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Guthrie has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to Dec 3, 2021. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Brett Guthrie sits on the following committees:
Guthrie was the primary sponsor of 11 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- H.R. 5663 (116th): Safeguarding Therapeutics Act
- H.R. 5758 (116th): Ceiling Fan Improvement Act of 2020
- H.R. 6937 (116th): Countering Online Harms Act
- H.R. 302 (115th): FAA Reauthorization Act of 2018
- H.R. 6042 (115th): To amend title XIX of the Social Security Act to delay the reduction in Federal medical assistance percentage for Medicaid personal care services furnished without an electronic …
- H.R. 4256 (115th): BOLD Infrastructure for Alzheimer’s Act
- H.R. 1808 (115th): Improving Support for Missing and Exploited Children Act of 2017
Does 11 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Guthrie sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Guthrie’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5588: Net Price Calculator Improvement Act
- H.R. 5561: Early Hearing Detection and Intervention Act of 2021
- H.R. 5486: SMART Act
- H.R. 4564: Federal Trade Commission Transparency Act
- H.R. 3501: To amend the Harmonized Tariff Schedule of the United States to provide for …
- H.R. 2690: CLEAR Act
- H.R. 2470: To designate certain future interstates and high priority corridors in Kentucky, and for …
From Jan 2009 to Dec 2021, Guthrie missed 67 of 8,359 roll call votes, which is 0.8%. This is better than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: