Our unique analysis of the bills Babin has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Babin is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Babin for more statistics.
Brian Babin sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Science, Space, and Technology
- House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure
Babin sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Babin’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6429: To amend the Intermodal Surface Transportation Efficiency Act of 1991 to include certain ...
- H.R. 6076: To Research, Evaluate, Assess, and Treat Astronauts Act
- H.R. 5816: To suspend, and subsequently terminate, the admission of certain refugees, to examine the ...
- H.R. 5294: Student Privacy Protection and Safety Act of 2016
- H.R. 5224: Criminal Alien Deportation Enforcement Act of 2016
- H.R. 3802: Alternative Ammunition Manufacturing Act
- H.R. 3315: Waterway Safety Improvement Act of 2015
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Babin’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 5607: Enhancing Treasury’s Anti-Terror Tools Act
Jul 11, 2016. Passed.
S. 1252: Global Food Security Act of 2016
Jul 6, 2016. Passed.
H.R. 4889: Kelsey Smith Act
May 23, 2016. Failed.
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2596: Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2016
Jun 16, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed.
H.J.Res. 35: Making further continuing appropriations for fiscal year 2015, and for other purposes.
Feb 27, 2015. Failed.
From Jan 2015 to Dec 2016, Babin missed 27 of 1,303 roll call votes, which is 2.1%. This is on par with the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: