Read our 2018 Report Card for Babin.
Babin is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Babin has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Jun 24, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Brian Babin sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Science, Space, and Technology
- House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure
Babin sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Immigration (26%) Transportation and Public Works (13%) International Affairs (13%) Science, Technology, Communications (13%) Emergency Management (10%) Labor and Employment (10%) Government Operations and Politics (10%) Energy (6%)
Some of Babin’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Con.Res. 47: Celebrating the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 Moon landing.
- H.R. 2220: I-14 Expansion and Improvement Act of 2019
- H.R. 2126: State and Local Pensions Accountability and Security Act
- H.R. 1554: REDI Act
- H.Res. 140: Calling on the President to resume the interpretation of section 1 of the ...
- H.R. 1250: To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 11158 ...
- H.R. 838: Threat Assessment, Prevention, and Safety Act of 2019
From Jan 2015 to Jun 2019, Babin missed 61 of 2,949 roll call votes, which is 2.1%. This is on par with the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: