Read our 2018 Report Card for Babin.
Babin is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Babin has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Dec 6, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Brian Babin sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Science, Space, and Technology
- House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure
Babin was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
- H.R. 1250: To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 11158 Highway 146 North in Hardin, Texas, as the “Lucas Lowe Memorial Post Office”.
Does 1 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Babin sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Immigration (22%) Science, Technology, Communications (19%) Transportation and Public Works (17%) International Affairs (11%) Labor and Employment (8%) Government Operations and Politics (8%) Emergency Management (8%) Energy (6%)
Some of Babin’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4552: Honorably Discharged Transportation Worker Identification Credential Act of 2019
- H.R. 3707: DEFEAT Robocalls Act of 2019
- H.Res. 473: To declare that space launch is a developmental activity, not a form of ...
- H.R. 3611: Securing American Research From Cyber Theft Act
- H.R. 3610: American Space Commerce Free Enterprise Act of 2019
- H.Con.Res. 47: Celebrating the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 Moon landing.
- H.R. 2220: I-14 Expansion and Improvement Act of 2019
From Jan 2015 to Dec 2019, Babin missed 73 of 3,191 roll call votes, which is 2.3%. This is on par with the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: