Read our 2016 Report Card for Babin.
Our unique analysis of the bills Babin has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Babin is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Brian Babin sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Science, Space, and Technology
- House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure
Babin sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Babin’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 1735: Community Empowerment for Mitigated Properties Act of 2017
- H.R. 1124: State and Local Pensions Accountability and Security Act
- H.R. 249: Defunding United Nations Act of 2017
- H.R. 82: Criminal Alien Deportation Enforcement Act of 2017
- H.R. 80: Resettlement Accountability National Security Act of 2017
- H.R. 81: Resettlement Accountability National Security Prioritization Act of 2017
- H.R. 6429 (114th): To amend the Intermodal Surface Transportation Efficiency Act of 1991 to include ...
|Babin’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 1039: Probation Officer Protection Act of 2017
May 19, 2017. Passed 229/177.
H.R. 1039 amends the federal criminal code to authorize a probation officer to arrest a person, without warrant, if there is probable cause to believe that person forcibly assaulted or obstructed a probation officer while performing their official duties. The bill also would direct the ...
H.R. 4889: Kelsey Smith Act
May 23, 2016. Failed 229/158.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed 218/208.
This vote made H.R. 2146 the vehicle for passage of Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal currently being negotiated. H.R. 2146 was originally introduced as a bill to address issues with retirement funds of federal law enforcement officers and firefighters. ...
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act (H.R. 2048, Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection of ...
H.J.Res. 35: Making further continuing appropriations for fiscal year 2015, and for other purposes.
Feb 27, 2015. Failed 203/224.
From Jan 2015 to May 2017, Babin missed 27 of 1,607 roll call votes, which is 1.7%. This is on par with the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: