Our unique analysis of the bills Baird sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2010. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Baird is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Baird was the primary sponsor of 8 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- H.R. 407 (110th): Columbia-Pacific National Heritage Area Study Act
- H.R. 6316 (109th): To extend through December 31, 2008, the authority of the Secretary of the Army to accept and expend funds contributed by non-Federal public entities to expedite the ...
- H.R. 4826 (109th): To extend through December 31, 2006, the authority of the Secretary of the Army to accept and expend funds contributed by non-Federal public entities to expedite the ...
- H.R. 3765 (109th): A bill to extend through March 31, 2006, the authority of the Secretary of the Army to accept and expend funds contributed by non-Federal public entities and ...
- H.R. 38 (109th): Upper White Salmon Wild and Scenic Rivers Act
- H.R. 3819 (108th): Lewis and Clark National Historical Park Designation Act
- H.R. 2489 (108th): Cowlitz Indian Tribe Distribution of Judgment Funds Act
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Baird sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (23%) Science, Technology, Communications (17%) Law (12%) Foreign Trade and International Finance (12%) Education (10%) Commerce (9%) Economics and Public Finance (8%) International Affairs (8%)
Some of Baird’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Con.Res. 313 (111th): Expressing thanks to the people of Qatar for their assistance to the ...
- H.Res. 1390 (111th): Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that the United States ...
- H.R. 5383 (111th): Lewis and Clark National and State Historical Parks Partnership Act of 2010
- H.R. 4905 (111th): Department of Energy Office of Science Authorization Act of 2010
- H.Con.Res. 250 (111th): Congratulating the people of Iraq on their resolve to vote in a ...
- H.Res. 1148 (111th): Expressing support for the mission and goals of the World Economic Forum.
- H.R. 3650 (111th): Harmful Algal Blooms and Hypoxia Research and Control Amendments Act of 2010
|Baird’s Vote||Vote Description|
S. 3729 (111th): National Aeronautics and Space Administration Authorization Act of 2010
Sep 29, 2010. Passed 304/118.
H.Res. 1284 (110th): Providing for consideration of the Senate amendments to the House amendments to the Senate amendment to the ...
Jun 19, 2008. Passed 342/83.
H.Res. 1031 (110th): Providing for the adoption of the resolution (H. Res. 895) establishing within the House of Representatives an ...
Mar 11, 2008. Passed 229/182.
H.Res. 801 (110th): Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 3688) to implement the United States-Peru Trade Promotion Agreement.
Nov 7, 2007. Passed 349/55.
H.R. 1830 (110th): To extend the authorities of the Andean Trade Preference Act until February 29, 2008.
Jun 27, 2007. Passed 365/59.
From Jan 1999 to Dec 2010, Baird missed 321 of 8,176 roll call votes, which is 3.9%. This is on par with the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2010. ProPublica has tracked 56 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: